1 strip 4 silvers... I'like take it

Swing360

curbstrip nut
Forum Supporter
I decided to head into town kind of last minute today around 1 in the afternoon. I normally like to head in earlier as an average size curb strip can take me 2 hours and we are getting darker earlier, but I had one in mind that I've only skated over once (which is unusual in itself).

Right away the neighbor lady to the house adjacent to the strip I was doing recognized me from around the neighborhood and striked up a friendly conversation and was curious about my finds, but I didn't have any yet to present. After 5 minutes or so I was ready to go.

First good target 20' in was an 1890 IH that is in excellent shape. After about an hour I finished that section with only a few 50's wheats to add to the keepers. I Rounded the corner and things got good.

3 cherry trees sit on this strip, so I was anxious for a ring of some kind, any kind. No rings popped up, but I did get a 56 GW @ the base of the first cherry tree, then a sterlang earring just a few feet away. Nothing at the middle tree, but the last tree I managed a 47 GW and a 44 S War Nickel to end the strip.

The 2 strips took from 2-4:30 with plenty of deep square nails and only a few round tips which was weird.

Thanks guys. I didn't feel like I necessarily "earned" these today, since all the tones were unusually sweet, but they re welcomed keepers. I'm 7 over my goal and I think 75 is do able before the weather shuts me out

Curbs have been kind to me. Great Silvers and IH!

I do 95% of my digging on curbs. I have them down to a science now. Most the towns within 100 miles know me :roll: I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad, but I do my dew.

Thanks again team. Today was an exceptional day if I do say so myself.

Very nice finds! I have got to curb strip hunt!!!!! I have some in mind that go around the old Dan River Mill here in Danville

Back
Top Bottom