First Morgan and a couple v's

Tbrom

We hunted a new place yesterday and had a nice day. We finished with 10 wheats, three Indians and a merc. Today my daughter had a soccer game and I made it home with about two hours of light left in the day. I debated even going out. I found the two v nickels within two feet of each other. The dates are clear. 1899& 1890. I then dug some clad and with about 10 min of light left in the day I get a very high signal. So high that I figured it was junk. I debated even digging it. I decided to dig it and broke my digger. I almost gave up again. My buddy scanned the hole and said he would definitely finish that signal. He handed me his digger and this popped out. It is rough but still happy to find it.
6131ee5edba4a490a7366fcee67c2098_zps98bacb15.jpg

Wow !!!! That's awesome !!!!
Someday I'll find one.......
So that came outta the ground down in the New Castle neck of the woods?
And what signal were you getting? And how deep?
throw some more pix up when u get her cleaned up......she should clean up pretty nice....

Not to be a party pooper but something looks strange about the outer rim of that coin (could just be camera angle though)...would love to see more pics of it cleaned up. Cool find either way though. :yes:

That is as cleaned up as it will get. The coin is damaged.Only way you can be a party pooper is if you are invited to the party! I am happy with it and just thought I would share it.

Big congratulations on the Big silver:shock:
Ironically, some people call those V-nickels by the name Morgan Nickels, can you see why?

One signal you will remember next time you consider walking away from another signal! Killer find! If I get one Morgan in my life I'll be happy!

Back
Top Bottom