Franklin makes a visit! But to be Frank... he didn't call on me.

Patton

Forum Supporter
At ease!
Hello, everyone. Yes, its been a while for me and I believe most of you know why. Enough of that! Well, the General is back and looking to make up for lost time! :yes: First up, a 1886 Victorian home in a little town called Kingman, Ks. Very excited to hunt this property and brought along my fiance to show her how its done!:cool: After 4 hours the General begins to have second thoughts on shooting off his mouth. My MD sense was way off! Being off for so long has really taken its toll. Dig after dig, and nothing to show for it. I hit about two bucks in clad, a fairly nice token, and the rest was !!!!! I could see the concern in my fiance's face as I struck out time and time again. Plus, it was a tad difficult to get down and dig and come up empty.:no: Finally, I had it!:mad: No more for the General! I don't need this aggravation right now! Jeez.....So, as I was putting my F5 away and taking a pain pill, I asked the home owner if he would like to give MDing a try? "Well, he said. I'v always wanted to Metal Detect!" Oh, really? Good, I'm thinking to myself, let my fiance see how hard it is to hit Silver! He takes the F5 and begins to swing it like he's been doing it all his life! "Like this Lt, he asks?" "Yep, thats looking good Ron, I reply." Within 5 minutes he hits a 1963 Rosie! I stood up after I dug it for him and said, "You just hit Silver!" Tami, my fiance, looks at me like,"Why can't you do that?" And then.....maybe 10 minutes later he hits, wait for it, a '54 Franklin!:shock: Are you kidding me?! I can't believe it! I'v only seen a couple of these hit since I'v been detecting!
He innocently ask's me if thats a good coin to hit? I grind my teeth and say, "You bet! Nice job!" So, he looks at the coin, gives it to me, and says he's had enough. Wants to watch football. Just wanted to try it and see what its like! Can you believe this? I'm going crazy over the Franklin, and he acts like he found a memorial laying on the ground! So, whats the moral of this story? I'm not sure. I guess Anybody can hit Anything at any given moment. Also, don't brag about how good you are to your fiance, and then get shown up by a first timer!:laughing: Oh....the humanity.

Attachments

• 100_0591.jpg
    100_0591.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 380
  • 100_0585.jpg
    100_0585.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 100_0590.jpg
    100_0590.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
That's some luck! Take her back there some time and give it some more. Why'd Ron call you Luietenant if you're a General? ;)

Glad your able to get back to detecting!

And that's a nice looking Benjie!

Thanks. Was a Lt when I was a deputy sheriff so many years ago. I like General better!:lol:

Thanks. Was a Lt when I was a deputy sheriff so many years ago. I like General better!:lol:

I don't know, after that public shame you might want to go as Lt for a while ;) Just kidding ;) Hey, look on the bright side: YOU GOT A FREE FRANKLIN HALF!

What a great story with a happy ending. Sorry you weren't able to show off, but am sure glad to see you back and at it again. I like hearing the 'fiance' part too. : ) Good luck on future hunts.

Arrggghhhhhh.....that's my kind of luck too! Nice you got to keep the Franklin!

Cheers and HH,
TB

Best post of the season! Glad you are feeling well enough to hunt and breaking in the fiancé as well. Good luck with all!

What a great story with a happy ending. Sorry you weren't able to show off, but am sure glad to see you back and at it again. I like hearing the 'fiance' part too. : ) Good luck on future hunts.

Thank you my friend! Its good to be back. I'm gonna put on my good luck shirt you sent me at Christmas, and go back! :yes:

Thank you my friend!
I'm gonna wear my lucky MD shirt you got me and head back for my own Silver!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom