1873, 1914, Siver, Gold

Danny T

Elite Member
Hello All,

Been having some great hunts here and there and decided to post. After finding the 1873 IH last week, today I snagged a 1873 Seated Dime. Also nailed a 1914 Barber Quarter (my second Barber), and a Sterling Silver ring. The other ring in the cluster pic with the cross and other stuff was from months ago, I just always thought it was a child's toy -but it is gold after all, so that is a first for me too. The last pic has the seated/barber with a 1945 Scotty Dog match case. It has a full calendar dial with Scotty the Dog looking at a "no parking" sign on the front. The brass gas fixture is for a light and I couldn't resist posting that as the design is truly Victorian and beautifully ornate. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 1873 Seated Obverse.JPG
    1873 Seated Obverse.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 392
  • 1914 Barber Q Obverse.JPG
    1914 Barber Q Obverse.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 383
  • Ring Sterling top.JPG
    Ring Sterling top.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 387
  • Chenier.JPG
    Chenier.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 391
  • Brass Gas Fitting.JPG
    Brass Gas Fitting.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 383
  • Match Case and Coins.JPG
    Match Case and Coins.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 385
Awesome finds!! Im DYING to find a seated coin. Just out of curiosity were these found in a park?

Thanks for the reply and question. They coins/silver ring/match case were found in front of a farm house that was built in around 1900. They were in in good soil about 6-8 inches down. We had a heavy rain here yesterday in Central MA and I think that contributed to me getting good signals. The owner is completely rehabbing the property and house and gave me permission to hunt. He and his wife are so committed to this project (she has a blog going regarding the process) that although they offered the finds to me, I couldn't take them somehow. They belong with them and hopefully will provide a little garnish to all the blood, sweat, and tears they are giving up to their dream home. The gold ring and the things in those pics were found in my yard, also on the same road as the farm house.

Yea i got out during the rain last night and hit a fatty Indian head ...good to see stuff like that come out of central mass ..gives me hope on finding one lol seems like a good deed you did for them anyways! HH!

Yea i got out during the rain last night and hit a fatty Indian head ...good to see stuff like that come out of central mass ..gives me hope on finding one lol seems like a good deed you did for them anyways! HH!

You're out in Hardwick, I have a couple of business connections around Warren that I have been trying to turn into leads/permissions. If I get something going out there, I'd be glad to hunt with you. Parks are not very productive for me for the older stuff -Old homesteads on the other hand are where all my good finds seem to be. I'll pm you my contact info . . .

Back
Top Bottom