The curse of the pull-tab field.

Doug

Elite Member
Yes we do have pull-tabs over this side of the big water but thankfully they are a rare species.

Finds from an old gymkhana/point-to-point/fox hunting meeting field.

Previous a grass field for about 50 years before being put back to arable land a few years ago.

Thanks for looking..................Doug.

Serious stubble!
IMGP9103_phixr.jpg

All the finds.
IMGP9108_phixr.jpg

Various artefacts
DSC_0002_phixr-33.jpg

Coins modern and pre decimal.
DSC_0006_phixr-26.jpg

Livery button.
DSC_0008_phixr-19.jpg

Medieval hammered silver coin. (remains of)
DSC_0011_phixr-16.jpg

Badge.
DSC_0014_phixr-6.jpg

neat digs doug. love seeing the goodies from over the water. HH blev

Who knew they had pull tabs, twist tops and other junk in England?!? :roll::laughing:

Nice bunch of good finds among all that Doug!!

You got some great finds there Doug! You may have dug more pull tabs in one day than I have in my metal detecting career but I see you also scored some silver, a cart wheel penny and the always dandy hammered silver! Great hunt!!!

Who knew they had pull tabs, twist tops and other junk in England?!? :roll::laughing:

Nice bunch of good finds among all that Doug!!

Many thanks.

100% of the land I search is private land with very little public access so the pull-tabs and the like is not a great problem, iron a big problem!

You got some great finds there Doug! You may have dug more pull tabs in one day than I have in my metal detecting career but I see you also scored some silver, a cart wheel penny and the always dandy hammered silver! Great hunt!!!

Thanks,

Pull tabs are the exception rather than the rule but I do know this field holds a lot although I am reducing them year on year.

Back
Top Bottom