Gold pocket watch!

tonznz

Today I found my second ever gold pocket watch.

The first was over 30 years ago when I was a teenager and found one in a tidal estuary when I was eeling. I stood on something with my bare feet and had reached down into the thick mud and pulled out a gold pocket watch. I don't know what carat it was as I gave it away many years ago.

Today I dug a 9ct gold watch which is what is called a half hunter I think. Anyway its small around 1 1/4 inches across. It weighs just over 25 grammes.

Also today I dug a coin spill with two silver coins and a penny and included in the silvers was this nice silver NZ half crown

Enjoy!

The numbers on the face were clear at first but when I wiped away the mud the numbers blurred and disappeared

hallmarks

large silver today:

headstamps of 12 guages found on mud flats last week:

This is what I have identified as being a cow bell piece made in Australia: Success to horse teams.

Jimmie Allen flying cadet badge:

silver coins found over several hunts:

I am a cocoa cub 1930s badge

random brass and copper things from the mud flats

aluminium coronation medal

Jeep found today with copper slug found on the mud flats last week

1863 penny from the mud flats which looks like it was hit by a bullet:

mud flats coins are the shiny washed out ones compared to the dark ones from land hunts:

silver NZ coin found today

brass St Christopher medal from the mud flats:

The mud flats and my trusty Minelab sovereign GT:

shiny Mud flats coins. The silvers, when I find them, come out of the mud flats very black.

silver coin freshly dug

Happy hunting folks!

Very cool ive dug about 25 silver plated ones from old boom towns never even got a sterling one yet.

Unbelievable.

Great all around hunt. Those are some beautiful finds!

:wow::wow::wow:

An amazing hunt! Would like to have a day like that. Congrats to you!!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

Hey sweet finds and great pictures.....i gotta get my CTX out to a water spot like that.....
Oh yeah , Russel Crowe says Hello mate......;)

thanks for all the comments. The mud flats can give rise to funny moments like when my wife got stuck in the mud last week and I had to pull her out. She was wearing gum boots. Gum boots don't really work that well. I use hard soled neoprene booties.

Back
Top Bottom