~~~fort ord ca.silver~~~

BUZZ WILSON

Forum Supporter
Okay so not sure where to start with this thread for it was a trip with a lot going on but one to remember for sure.

I think I'll start with, my friends and I, got together and made a trip to the Monterey ca. area and met up with and good friend of Tularetokens and fat Jim's "Tom" which has been in the hobby cents he has 13 and has found 14 gold coins and some reales found on the West coast.
So we got there and Tom turned us on to some sites at Fort Ord and scored me some nice silver. My best find is this 1923 walking half.

The ring was found on Santa Crews beach.

Sorry Ron it as a fast trip. :no:

For some info on Fort Ord here's a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ord

Thanks for looking and HHing

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 941
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 831
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 827
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 919
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 799
  • s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 983
Hey Buzz, it was nice meeting you! I don't care what Timmy says about you, I thought you were a nice guy! :laughing:

Wish I'd have better beach or silver or relicky prospects to take you guys to. We gave that demolition site, and the relicky site a try, and they simply were stingy sites. But glad you pulled some silver out of this trip from Ft. Ord at least. Post that '23s half dollar when you guys get that color/grunge off of there. Hopefully a numismatically inclined forum member here can give a grade on it. Because if it goes up into the 30 or more grade, you've got a decent coin.

Hey Buzz, it was nice meeting you! I don't care what Timmy says about you, I thought you were a nice guy! :laughing:

Wish I'd have better beach or silver or relicky prospects to take you guys to. We gave that demolition site, and the relicky site a try, and they simply were stingy sites. But glad you pulled some silver out of this trip from Ft. Ord at least. Post that '23s half dollar when you guys get that color/grunge off of there. Hopefully a numismatically inclined forum member here can give a grade on it. Because if it goes up into the 30 or more grade, you've got a decent coin.
Hey Tom,, That was a fun time and I'd like to thank you and your wife for the Stay ;-) Its hot here and wont to go back. :coolinoff::sun2:

You snuck in and out without paying the toll!! :mad: There is an added fee for that ring!:roll::laughing: The last time Timmy was here I missed him as well!

Hey Ron, I tried to abscond that half, as "duty tax" on those guys barging in on our area. But he wouldn't part with it. Oh well, for anyone else detecting on the central coast, the rules here are quite simple: 50% to Ron, and 50% to me. :laughing:

Hey Ron, I tried to abscond that half, as "duty tax" on those guys barging in on our area. But he wouldn't part with it. Oh well, for anyone else detecting on the central coast, the rules here are quite simple: 50% to Ron, and 50% to me. :laughing:

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. :lol:

Very cool hunt. Nice photos. My dad was stationed there before I was born. He really liked the area.

Congrats on the great silver coins and the interesting relics.
On April 2nd 1962 I reported to Fort Ord for basic combat training and spent some interesting weekends in Monterey.
The barracks you've included in your photo sure looks familiar.
Are you permitted to metal detect in some of the old training/bivouac areas.
On second thought, that may not be productive either since GI's pay was so lo there may not been much to have been lost:lol:

AT Pro w/8.5X11" and 5X8" coils/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback

Back
Top Bottom