The verdict is in. 14k white gold with 14k yellow gold plating!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Took her to two different jewelers. According to both jewelers this ring is 14k white gold with 14k yellow gold plating. She holds 14 real diamonds though one is missing. :)

This design was popular in the mid 1900s. Both jewelers think someone didn't like the white gold and had it plated to be yellow gold.

One wants 45 dollars to replace the lost diamond, the other wants 50. I asked how much they'd give me for the entire ring as is. 40 bucks. I think I may invest some day in a diamond and wear this one. It's kind of growing on me.

Attachments

• 14k white gold yellow gold plated.jpg
    14k white gold yellow gold plated.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 392
The $40 offer seems low to me. Especially if they want up to $50 to replace one stone. But a cool find none-the-less! :cool:

It's 2.0 grams. I have the link to the calculator :) 49.13? for 2.0 grams of 14k white gold.

Congrats on the gold…yellow plated white? Never heard of that before. I'd keep it too!

I got a small cup of real diamonds. I head your way one day you can pick a couple out if they'll fit. On the house:D

Nice old style ring, the gold plating on it would have confused the hell out of me.
You're lucky it looks well made, if it looked trashy it would possibly end up with the rest of your fakes.
Well done.

Back
Top Bottom