Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   TreasureMntDetectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 09-01-2008, 07:40 PM

Smile What do UK members think of C Scopes R1 machine??

Hi All!
Im new to the forum and think its very informative so keep up the good work everyone! I have currently got a CS 660 and an R1 from C Scope. The 660 was my starter machine til i got very quickly hooked on the hobby then i bought the R1 second hand on ebay. I have been having reduced depth problems with the R1 for a while so decided to send it off to C Scope for a service which they duly carried out on it free of charge! Not bad customer service for a machine thats 4 or 5 years old!

Anyway, what i was basically looking to find out was whether many of the uk members had an R1?..what depth they were getting from it under different conditions? and what they're overall opinions of it as a detector were? All thoughts and opinions welcome

Old 09-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Elite Member

Welcome to the forum......I dont have any info on machines you mentioned, But I am gonna call you eyechart for short. If I bought a vowel off of you, I would go broke..............Someone in here will have some info for ya...................

Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 AM

Its an underated detector with only one problem that applies to all C-Scopes, they don't supply a range of coils. Two concentrics is as far as they go.

This for me outweighs the advantage of their higher range machines being rain and dust proof.

Performance is similar to that of the Whites XLT, so pretty good but not ultra deep.The Whites advantage is that it has many more control options while the C-Scope is a cheap machine in cost but has excellent build quality.

Its difficult to talk about depth as ground conditions vary so much. On my main test bed (medium mineralisation) seven inches on a pure copper coin the size of a two pence.
Doesn't seem very much but is about the same as an F75/T2 or higher range Tesoro on the same ground.

You should look for Andy (who makes the straight shafts for Minelabs) under Andy on Rogers Relics and a few other UK forums. He's quite a C-Scope fan and has had many of the older and current models. Unfortunately I think the C-Scope forum on the C-Scope site has ceased. If its not you would be able to find someone nearby to compare machines with if your worried that your machine is still not quite up to spec.