My Best Finds Ever - 3 Rings Lately

TCosbyJr

Forum Supporter
While I was waiting for my new Tesoro Outlaw to arrive I hit a local park with my BH Tracker IV. The park had recent construction (looks like they are upgrading the playground) so I was hoping to make some old finds - no luck.

I found a junk ring that had been smashed up quite a bit..

More searching and I found a heavy Tungsten FC ring, a US size 11. My first ever MD ring that might be worth something. The ring overloaded my detector with constant beeping even when not moving the coil. I thought perhaps there was metal in the nearby wooden post but dug anyway.

Then when I got my new Tesoro Outlaw I tried a park I don't hit too often, a nearby city exactly one week later on Sunday. I found another ring and was amazed when I pulled it out thinking it was a quarter.

After looking at it I figured it must be silver plated as it seemed the silver was flaking off. Turns out it was simply tarnished/stained and a bit of light cleaning restored it..

It's stamped SU 925 and has 29 stones which appear to be tiny garnets (or my mom says rubies) that wrap all the way around it. The stones have no scratches or nicks, and a really great shine, so I assume they are real. The ring is a US ring size 6 1/2.

The ring rang in loud and clear on my Outlaw, I hunt with the Disc set just before a nickel. I adjusted the Disc before digging and it still rang in loud in clear even on max Disc. I thought i would find a quarter or perhaps a silver coin in the hole, not such a tiny ring!

I ordered a nice little jewelry scale and a calibration weight too, and a steel ring mandrel/sizer as well. They should be here Friday so I can find out what exactly I have weight/size wise with the rings. (And hopefully many other rings to come)

My original intent was to sell them to help pay for my hobby, but my wife and mom are laying claims to the rings. Looks like I should simply keep any additional finds hidden from them from now on.

Last edited:
Hey guys I think we need to add a word to our hobby vocabulary ......Hads ... What a jewelry find becomes when show to the lady of the house!

Nice ring finds! You should post this on the Bounty Hunter Group page to serve as an inspiration to all Tracker IV owners. I have a BH T4 and like it a lot. I found a nice silver pendant with black diamonds in it in the mud below a dock. Go to my profile page to see a photo of it. I have also owned an Outlaw for a little over a year now and have been very pleased with it. It is 3 detectors in one and very versatile. I think you are going to enjoy yours very much. Happy hunting!

Hey guys I think we need to add a word to our hobby vocabulary ......Hads ... What a jewelry find becomes when show to the lady of the house!

Lol well our 4 yr old lady of the house always asks what did ya find treasure hunting? If I pull out any jewelry at all she always carefully looks it over, tries it on, says huh I must of lost this, and shortly after laughs and runs off with it. :) we have had 6 "hads" this year do far.

Sent from a hidden menu within my AT Pro

Many thanks for all the comments! Seems I'm getting lucky and finding something beyond simple junk or pull-tabs lately so I had to share.

Indeed! I think that would be a great new word to add. I've been reminded Mother's Day is soon and the ring would make a nice gift. :laughing:

Awesome rings! My guess would be that the red stones are garnets.

Many thanks. I've looked garnet up and I bet your right, I just know my mom spit out rubies at first sight. Is there any easy test to do to find out or is it just one of those things a professional jeweler will know?

Nice ring finds! You should post this on the Bounty Hunter Group page to serve as an inspiration to all Tracker IV owners..

I joined the group and will make a new thread, but will add in my other Tracker IV finds to it too, as just the Tungsten FC and junk rings were found with the Tracker IV.

No luck finding your pendant image, but I have no doubts the Tracker IV found it. So congrats on your finds as well - might as well make a thread and share your finds too :waytogo:

Back
Top Bottom