Tomorrow Is The Day I Go To Court About That Stupid Ticket. . .UPDATE BELOW!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
Please everyone keep me in your prayers that it goes well! I sure hope I don't get fined! I hope and pray the judge throws it out! Still angry over it but I'll be cool! I don't want to go! But I have to! I still think the whole thing is ridiculous!

Thanks Guys! :cool: Have to be there at 9:00 a.m. Have a friend going with me for moral support. Besides he went to school with the judge and she knows him well. So maybe that will help! I hope!

Good Luck Penny! Be sure to keep us posted on what happens.

I had a bogus ticket/tow/arrest as a result from my insurance company failing to notify the DMV of my coverage after I moved to another state even though the premium was paid in full!,...My vehicle registration became suspended and its a misdemeanor to operate a vehicle with a suspended regristration, hence the arrest. To make a long story short I dressed very nicely to court, was polite, and pled NOT GUILTY, because I wasn't!! The prosecutor told me they'd drop all charges because it would be more of a hassle to prove me guilty and they had bigger fish to fry. This was in a tiny rural town in New Hampshire too. They gave me a "30 day" probation period where I couldn't get ticketed or they would re-open the case. No problem because I rarely ever get stopped.

Good Luck Penny! Be sure to keep us posted on what happens.

I had a bogus ticket/tow/arrest as a result from my insurance company failing to notify the DMV of my coverage after I moved to another state even though the premium was paid in full!,...My vehicle registration became suspended and its a misdemeanor to operate a vehicle with a suspended regristration, hence the arrest. To make a long story short I dressed very nicely to court, was polite, and pled NOT GUILTY, because I wasn't!! The prosecutor told me they'd drop all charges because it would be more of a hassle to prove me guilty and they had bigger fish to fry. This was in a tiny rural town in New Hampshire too. They gave me a "30 day" probation period where I couldn't get ticketed or they would re-open the case. No problem because I rarely ever get stopped.

This is also a small town (close knit type people -- everyone knows your business). :roll: My concern is that if I plead not guilty she has a habit of pushing the case down a couple months (making it come up next year). I don't want that! We are getting close to Thanksgiving and Christmas so she's likely to push it to January! (Making me wait longer, etc.) If she pushes this off until Jan-Mar 2014 then I've got all that much more time to stew over having to go before her again! Which I don't want to do! I don't even want to see her tomorrow! So help me if she fines me, puts points on my license etc. and causes my insurance to go up there will be ______ to pay -- I will HATE her for life!

Last year when I was trying to evict my stepson just to get him to move back to FL (where he really wanted to go but just kept procrastinating) we saw her in November about this same time last year and she put it off until January because Thanksgiving and Christmas was coming up! :mad: It was THEN she told him he had to go! Thing is it was the dead of winter and he had procrastinated so much he had NO PLACE TO GO and NO MONEY TO MOVE WITH! So kind hearted me would not put him out in the cold to sleep in his vehicle with his dog. So I was stuck with him until MAY!

It's Over!!!

It is over! It was a HILARIOUS event (best word I can think of)! :laughing:

The judge was in a great HAPPY mood! Some of the cases got her down and I worried she'd be in a poor mood when she got to me! But it was downright FUNNY!

She picked up the "ticket", read it and looked up at me and said quote, "I thought I had a teenager here, but I guess you FEEL like one!" Then she said quote (as she looked at the entire courtroom of people), "Does this sound like a teenager to you?" and she read the charge OUT LOUD to everyone! Everyone laughed and agreed with her! Then she shocked me by saying and pointing to everyone (district attorney, lawyers, inmates and all the other people in the court room) "I want a show of hands to dismiss this case. Who agrees?" I turned and looked and EVERYONE had their hands up!!! :shock: :D I bowed and said THANK YOU. Then turned to her and said, "Thank you your honor and grinned". She said quote, "Case Dismissed! Be more careful next time, huh!?!" And waved bye to me and then used her hand to "shoo" me out of there and said, "Go On, Bye."

After thought: I needn't have worried! WHEW! :p :laughing:

awesome!!!!

<*))))>{​

Yeah! I took my friend to lunch for going with me for moral support and then went with him to the nursing home for a few minutes to visit with his wife and then he brought me home! Now I'm packing up and going to get out on this beautiful cool day and celebrate METAL DETECTING!!! :D

Go get it, good luck!!

I knew sensibility and justice would prevail!!!

There is a good reason you have never gotten a driving violation..

Carry on and have fun!!!

<*)))>{

Go get it, good luck!!

I knew sensibility and justice would prevail!!!

There is a good reason you have never gotten a driving violation..

Carry on and have fun!!!

<*)))>{

Unfortunately, I can't go metal detect today -- I FORGOT I HAVE CHOIR PRACTICE IN A LITTLE BIT! :( So I will quickly run to the grocery store and get a few groceries and dog food! Then get ready for choir practice!

But I will make a day of it tomorrow!

Oh I forgot to mention the officer who ticketed me WAS NOT THERE! Odd!?! He must have known she was going to throw it out anyway! Maybe!?! :?:

Oh I forgot to mention the officer who ticketed me WAS NOT THERE! Odd!?! He must have known she was going to throw it out anyway! Maybe!?! :?:

Just maybe he was smart enough to know he would look a fool lol...

Maybe not...

<*)))>{

Just maybe he was smart enough to know he would look a fool lol...

Maybe not...

<*)))>{

We'll never know! Funny thing though -- I've NEVER seen a court case go like mine did -- she involved the entire court room in deciding to dismiss it! :shock: You know -- as if the whole thing was a joke. Like I stewed and spewed and worried the the whole month after getting the ticket -- all for NOTHING! :?: I was totally shocked!

She did let me say a few words on how/why my tires spun -- you know asked what I was doing! And everything I said everyone was laughing!!! Even her!

...all that anxiety and emotional stress for nothing.

why do our minds let us do this time and time again?:D

glad it didn't go the other way, starts to feel like a 'police state'

That's great news! Maybe you'll find something nice next time you go out because of all your troubles with this!

Oh that would be nice -- I want to go now but I have to go the store and then get ready for choir practice (I'm in the local community choir -- we sing all over southern middle Tennessee and northern Alabama)!

...all that anxiety and emotional stress for nothing.

why do our minds let us do this time and time again?:D

glad it didn't go the other way, starts to feel like a 'police state'

I don't know why! But it sure is a relief that it's behind me! And I have something to laugh about! But part of me wants to say "HA HA!" to that cop! But you know I won't or can't!

Back
Top Bottom