Class of 1962

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I wasn't going to do any detecting today, time to get the honey do list cleaned up.:D I finished the yard and I was real hot so I told the wife I was going in the lake to cool off:lol: Well who goes in the water without his detector :?: I found a few clad coins and lots of pull tabs and then I got a real suprise. A 1962 class ring that was four scoops down, about 6" is My guess. Boy did that gold look good in my scoop:shock: I went right up on the back porch and when the wife came to the door I did a little dance and she said "you found something good didn't you":D She graduated from the same school in 1968, and the hunt was on. She called a friend that has a year book from 62 and they were checking the initals inside the ring for a match. We haven't nailed it down yet but it is a small town and I'm hopping we will locate her and return the ring. I wonder when she lost it:?: I was in chest deep water, what fun. Didn't mean to ramble on but I'm just a little excited.
By the way What does (HJ10K) mean:?: that is what is stamped inside

Attachments

• 1st yard.jpg
    1st yard.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,986
  • 3rd class of 62.jpg
    3rd class of 62.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,871
  • 4thHJ 10K.jpg
    4thHJ 10K.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 2,815
  • 2ndTotal.jpg
    2ndTotal.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,904
Nice going! As far as I know, the 2 main ring dealers in high schools are Herf Jones & Jostens.

What a nice guy you are Jim :) I can't seem to part with any of my gold school rings.. I tried returning a few but hit dead ends so now they are mine, all mine :D

Very good find . I would be excited too if i found a gold ring . At least you got pictures of it for your finds album before you have to return it , bet who ever it belongs too will be happy to get it back . congrats on the finds for sure. HH Harold

Right thing to do

What a nice guy you are Jim :) I can't seem to part with any of my gold school rings.. I tried returning a few but hit dead ends so now they are mine, all mine :D

I am just trying to follow the lead set by other members of this forum. When I saw the "Lord of the rings" post and the story of how happy that couple was when Scubadetector went through the trouble to return the 1954 class ring she lost, I was impressed. To get the chance to do that is worth a lot more than the 10K. I hope we find the lady, if not it will go in the box of keepers. I would prefer to see her smile.:yes: Good Luck, Jim

Congratulations!! You sure have a reason to be excited. You made a great find and have a chance to do something good for another human being. You can't ask for anything more out of a hobby.:yes: Good luck with finding the owner.

Last edited:
That was what I say a awesome hunt and thats nice of you to try and find the owner. She will be stunned.

A small town by doing that good deed may be returned to you many times over with permission to hunt places, they love honest people. Good luck on finding the owner,

I am just trying to follow the lead set by other members of this forum. When I saw the "Lord of the rings" post and the story of how happy that couple was when Scubadetector went through the trouble to return the 1954 class ring she lost, I was impressed. To get the chance to do that is worth a lot more than the 10K. I hope we find the lady, if not it will go in the box of keepers. I would prefer to see her smile.:yes: Good Luck, Jim

No problems Jim :) Most of my school rings I'm pretty sure the owners are swimming with the fishes ;)

Back
Top Bottom