Dig Wars, coming soon on Travel Channel

Gatchaman

From Chicago Ron:

The Hunters of Dig Wars! Travel Channel's new competitive detecting show.
Premieres June 12th at 9PM Central time.
Only on the Travel Channel!
From Left: Mike Scott, Larry Cissna, Abby Silva, Josh Silva, Ron Guinazzo, Mark Slinkman. Tune in!

digwars.jpg

What do you think they are swinging?

Oh great another stupid detecting show ruining our hobby! I will boycott this show like I do all the other nonsense detecting shows

I would hope Chicago Ron would not participate in a crappy mding show. He actually has a reputation to uphold, and if he would like to maintain it, he'll keep it real.

I can't tell the exact models, but there is one Tesoro in the photo, 3 fisher/tecknetics (either F70 or F75, or T2 or G2... not very good with First Texas), a Minelab 705, and a Minelab Explorer of some sort. What do I win???:D

Now we're going to have more competition. Just like Storage Wars. Everyone said before the hit show came out that you could buy a 10x30 for like $300. Now with more competion the price is more towards $1000/locker. You see where i'm going with this? Now everyone will want to MD.

Thanks Gatchaman. While I'm not a fan of Savage Family diggers hopefully this one will be realistic enough to be entertaining. I thought diggers was
OK too just wish they would have cut out the antics. P.S. Wish one of them was using a whites.

I realize everyone's hesitation about a new show! More publicity means more hunters, that my friends is going to be a fact of life now.
The question is not do we need another show about detecting, as we will have more than any of us can stomach. Detecting is a hot topic and every production company is looking to create one. We the hunters of Dig wars wanted to set the record straight, all dug items, digging for love of history (not monetary gain) telling the history of the sites we hunt. Donating most if not all the items to museums or landowners. We all hold this hobby in the highest regard.
There is no way around there being more shows the only thing we can do is make a real representation of what it means to be a detectorist for all the right reasons.
There will always be those that don't like it for one reason or another, we have fun (not too stupid) we share history, and we dig it!
Happy hunting!
Chicago Ron

PS the machines are Tesoro (not sure what model), Tecknetics T-2, Fisher f75, Minelab extera 705 gold, Explorer II

I can't tell the exact models, but there is one Tesoro in the photo, 3 fisher/tecknetics (either F70 or F75, or T2 or G2... not very good with First Texas), a Minelab 705, and a Minelab Explorer of some sort. What do I win???:D

and a minelabe xterra 70

Is it just me, or do they look like they should have shotguns in their hands rather than metal detectors?

Definitely a T2 standard, F75 LTD, and a G2/Omega in that line up. :)

I realize everyone's hesitation about a new show! More publicity means more hunters, that my friends is going to be a fact of life now.
The question is not do we need another show about detecting, as we will have more than any of us can stomach. Detecting is a hot topic and every production company is looking to create one. We the hunters of Dig wars wanted to set the record straight, all dug items, digging for love of history (not monetary gain) telling the history of the sites we hunt. Donating most if not all the items to museums or landowners. We all hold this hobby in the highest regard.
There is no way around there being more shows the only thing we can do is make a real representation of what it means to be a detectorist for all the right reasons.
There will always be those that don't like it for one reason or another, we have fun (not too stupid) we share history, and we dig it!
Happy hunting!
Chicago Ron

PS the machines are Tesoro (not sure what model), Tecknetics T-2, Fisher f75, Minelab extera 705 gold, Explorer II[

and a minelabe xterra 70

Tesoro Tejon perhaps?

Definitely a T2 standard, F75 LTD, and a G2/Omega in that line up. :)
You guys can quit guessing as the man himself has given the answers above.

SD

I really enjoy watching the dirt fishing shows. I just cant get enough! My concern as well as others is the people getting into the hobby to get rich quick. I would hate nothing more than to see a rash of newbies getting into the hobby and be careless about not covering plugs, getting permission etc. This could potentially ruin it for all responsible hunters. On the other hand if they arent finding the goods as easy as they think they should they will probably throw in the towel and we can all score on some barely used machines..:lol:

Oh great another stupid detecting show ruining our hobby! I will boycott this show like I do all the other nonsense detecting shows
This is for real these guys and gals are not Idiots Thay are real detectorist and take this hobby serious Trust Me Larry Cisna is very informative and the Silvas are as well Good Luck to them all and cant wait for this show to start

My two cents - If people really think they are going to get rich by doing this they're in for a rude awakening. I would be a lot richer if all the hours I detected I worked min wage at Lowes. Many of the people will go out after a few days and give it up. I would love to see the stats on how many people buy a detector and then quit after two years or even one year. I would bet 75% quit, maybe more.

Any suggestions on how many stay in the game?

This is another show that will be great for metal detector dealers and manufacturers, and a nightmare for longtime hobbyists. Yet another show aimed at the 35-55-year-old white male high school graduate.

Look for a lot more park and public space closures, and even more municipalities banning metal detecting. In the short run a real boon to metal detector sellers, but a bust for our beloved hobby in general. The success of the hobby is also killing it.

Back
Top Bottom