Warning Scam company!!

RochesterRelic

I just wanted to warn everyone that there is a website called garrettcentral.com that is a scam. I purchased a ProPointer from them and when it didnt come I tried to track it. The toll free numbers dont work and now the site is down. I lost my 128 bucks. I dont want anyone else to fall for it if they set it back up again. The site looked VERY legit. Here is a pic of the logo they used. I have forwarded a copy to Garrett so they are aware....

Attachments

• crooks.jpg
    crooks.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 743
I saw someplace last week showing them as no longer being an authorized seller for Garrett. Sorry for your troubles, I hope you get your money back. If you paid with a credit card, contact the card company and have them reverse the charges.

Great, my mom ordered the same pointer from them last week. She's been trying to contact them as well. Nothing.

dang sorry for your loss

i feel ya there i got scammed to by same people got my money back through my bank and went to millermdz.net they also offer financing. hope to hear you got your money back. happy hunting. i wish every one would be willing to share this with us as you did.

Yeah that's my report I posted when I realized I was duped!

If you look there are others there also. I'm headed down to my bank this morning to see if there is anything I can do about it.

I'm not sure I can do anything more. Just don't want anyone else to get screwed by these creeps. :mad:

Oh hey Buried....the crooks are in Texas....mind going over there and knocking on the door for me?!

This has been going around the forums for the last few days. Apparently they used to be a legit Garrett dealer?? but not anymore.

Well all's well that ends well. The CC company's going to gimme the money back so I'll be able to order a legit one.

Hope the scamster enjoys his phone call from the FTC :yes:

Well all's well that ends well. The CC company's going to gimme the money back so I'll be able to order a legit one.

Hope the scamster enjoys his phone call from the FTC :yes:

I was looking for something yesterday and one of the links went to this scammers website. I clicked before realizing and I got an error that the webpage wasn't available, so maybe it has been taken down by the host.

This just keeps getting weirder....got this email today.

Dear Nick,

We are contacting you regarding your order with GarrettCentral. As a company, we have always prided ourselves on our customer service and have worked hard to make sure you receive your orders quickly and accurately. Recently however, a series of unfortunate events has led us to go out of business. As a result, we are unable to fulfill your order.

GarrettCentral has ceased operations permanently.

Some customers have already contacted their banking institution to explain that they did not receive the product they paid for with their credit card.

Also some customers have contacted the manufacturers we represent and we want to be clear that we are NOT the manufacturer. We hand selected the brands we represented and continue to believe them to be the best in their class.

We truly apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

The Customer Service team at GarrettCentral

....we went out of business but kept taking peoples money??? :?:

They truly apologize for the inconvenience?? Since when is robbery considered 'inconvenience'?! :shock:

OMG!!!

I tried to buy a ProPointer from Garrett themselves and there are two different prices, one when you look at the product and another when you try to check out...so the heck with that...

I went to Barts site to buy the ProPointer and there is an orange 'Add to cart' button next to every product there EXCEPT for the ProPointer!!

Somebody doesnt want me to have a ProPointer!!! :mad:

Well, there's going out of business and then there is criminal fraud.
Encouraging people to claim their losses with their credit card company is a huge red flag.
I would report this to the New York and Texas Attorney General and probably the FBI since it is interstate.

Back
Top Bottom