Club hunt...Part one.

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
As part of our annual year end cub hunt festivities, last night we had a hamburger cookout with the club members that decided to attend and family.
When it got dark we had the first of three seeded hunts we are having this weekend.

Last night's was a fun little hunt with a $5 entry fee and in the dark.
It was crazy fun.

They had an area about 15"x45" sectioned off with little red flags around the border, and there were probably 20-25 of us looking for goodies in this small plot.
The president, funny guy that he is, makes up different rules every year for this little fun hunt and this year the rules were you could use headlamps but no pinpointers and no headphones.
Oh yea...they also took some huge pieces of holloween spider webbing and stretched it over about 3/4's of the area too.

When they said go you should have seen the mad scramble that ensued.
People running around like crazy bumping into each other, all kinds of beeping and tones going off all over, crosstalk noise too being we were so close to each other, and a few people got tangled up in that webbing and it was quite funny when they tried to get out of it.

It didn't last long, and I used the Compadre and did pretty good I think.

I ended up with 9 wheat pennies, one a steel war penny, a no date buff, a 1916 really worn merc and 4 rosies including a 1964 D that looks to me to be somewhere close to AU condition.
That one was already encased in plastic which was cool because you hardly ever find these that way when you are hunting in the wild.
I think that one is worth my $5 entry fee alone.

Today we continue the festivities with another cookout, BBQ this time, a kids hunt, and we have 2 more one hour hunts planned in much larger areas with about 2000 tokens and silver coins planted.
Only about 29 members have signed up for this one so I am hoping to do decent and at least get my entry fee back in silver.
Also, if I find the right tokens there is a chance to win a new AT Pro and a bunch of other great prizes.

This is my first Md club and my first seeded hunt and I am having a blast so far.
I will report back with further results later today when I come home with hopefully some more neat treasure.

HH

Attachments

• P1030409.jpg
    P1030409.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 309
  • P1030405.jpg
    P1030405.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 310
Nice job Digger!
We need to do something like that in Wichita. I know Silversmith45 did a lot of these in the past. Maybe we can start it back up again. Hope the weather holds out for you. We are getting a cold rain right now and its 56 degrees!
:stormy:

Nice job Digger!
We need to do something like that in Wichita. I know Silversmith45 did a lot of these in the past. Maybe we can start it back up again. Hope the weather holds out for you. We are getting a cold rain right now and its 56 degrees!

All clear here, 0% precipitation predicted...looks like it's going to be a cool and beautiful day!

Their club hunt is lots of fun but I never got to attend the night hunt. Sounds like a good time. Tell Don and Roger I said HI.

Nice job Digger!
:stormy:

It didn't even rain on this side of town, as usual.

Where was this held?

There is a field that is owned by a friend of the club south on Ridgewood almost to Spring Hill.
They have been having their annual hunts here since the club started way back in 1976.
The club members take turns mowing the whole area several times each summer as a thank you for it's use.

This was a great time on Saturday night...I had an even better time on Sunday's main hunts...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=127529

Back
Top Bottom