They call me "GRAND MASTER HUNTER"...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
...or at least the guys at my MD club did today!

The club year goes from August-August, I joined up in Jan and was already 4 months behind in the run for either Master Hunter, or the harder goal...Grand Master Hunter.
Being goal oriented, I chose to go for the more difficult one.

There are 7 categories you can enter and you have to come in first place in 5 different ones to achieve this title, and you can only win once and can't enter that category again.

Most Coins, Most Silver, Most Valuable, Oldest Coin are the first 4...

Best Jewelry, Most Unusual, Best Military Relic are voted on by the members at the meetings.

The first 3 months I won a first place prize in 3 of those categories, today I won 3 more, but I only needed 2 attain Grand Poobah status...I mean Grand Master Hunter.
Luckily, I had a good month!
You don't get much for achieving this, just some sort of certificate at the annual seeded hunt in Sept, but I know I did good and I am thrilled.

Here is the breakdown.

First meeting in Jan, I entered this and won first place for best jewelry.

ring 2.jpg

Feb. I went for the most coins dug and instead of just picking up my usual 500 or so clad coins in my jewelry hunting travels, I really tried to dig as much as I could that month.
Smoked em all with 1001 coins.

March was a win in the most unusual slot with this key chain...a copper framed renaissance painting.

Clipboard01.jpg

Then nothing till this month when I entered this one...

P1030092.jpg

I guess it was a slow month for the rest of the members because of the high heat and the rock hard dry ground because vs. only 3 other merc dimes that were entered in not so great shape, my beautiful little green wheatie smoked them again after grading and I won the oldest coin AND the most valuable slots!

Just for good measure, and not that it mattered, but I dug 3 silver coins this month vs. one by any other member so I could have won with that one if I needed it.

P1030091.jpg

These are my prizes for all these wins.

P1030099.jpg

As that Mexican guy at the soccer matches says...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAL!

No swelled head here...all of you guys can still call me digger.
Something I am sure you all were concerned about. :D

Grand Master Hunter...out!

Well one thing you can't argue...

You've been an asset to us all with your shared secrets on both the F2 and the Compadre, so seems fitting as any other nick I've seen on here! Well done, Grand Master Digger!

Well deserved Digger! Guys I hunt with have other names for me also.:laughing: Sorry, can't really share those nicknames on forum.
:goodjob:

Can only dream.................................

I am not that far from being a newbie myself, so have hope.
I just do some out of the box thinking regarding my sites, I dig a ton of targets, good and bad, and I have been surprised and found some great stuff because of it.
This is a volume business as far as I am concerned, and without x-ray vision, and no matter how advanced your detector, you just never know what that signal really is till you dig it!

Back
Top Bottom