Robert Moses

SON OF A BEACH

Been lurking for awhile. Went out to Robert Moses today mainly found trash before it got to crowded, will have to get out early next time.
Im going to get a stealth scoop but Im a bit concerned with the size. I mean your basically walking around with a shovel! And dont know if anyones checked out the regulations that come with the permit about the miniscule demensions your alowed to use for scoops. So my question to you LI hunters....Has anyone ever given you a hasle over the size of your scoop?

Welcome from a fellow Long Islander. I have never been questioned using a scoop at the beach. I think they will only enforce the small tool reg in the state parks and landscaped areas such as Belmont Lake State Park. I could be wrong, but I don't think it pertains to beach hunting.

No one has asked me for anything period. Unless of course you wander onto Fire Island National Seashore, then they have something to say. And it's usually not good :(

Welcome from a fellow Long Islander. I have never been questioned using a scoop at the beach. I think they will only enforce the small tool reg in the state parks and landscaped areas such as Belmont Lake State Park. I could be wrong, but I don't think it pertains to beach hunting.

There is no size limit on beach & or water scoops. Just dirt digging 2" wide limit. I'm leaving now to Jones with my new 8" test run scoop

Attachments

• 100_2014.jpg
    100_2014.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,112
Test run SCOOP----GOLD

The scoop worked great. Alittle heavy with wet sand , will install a handle

Cell phone, clad ,earring, 14 K ring stones checked fake.
Overall rating of scoop 110 %

Attachments

• 100_2015.jpg
    100_2015.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,122
  • 100_2014.jpg
    100_2014.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,031
sand scoop

I have used a sand scoop for about 5 years on all our beahes on long island and never been questioned. Parking lot 5 is worked over every night by at least 6 people. Oh I guess this is the time to let all that know me this summer is the first time in 4 years MDing. The lung canser is some what under control Im not out of the woods, when you think i was only given 3 weeks 4 years ago all is good. Ive done well so far but only doing small town beaches and play grounds. A lot of play gronds have wood chips and hard to work but does pay.

L.I. Mike

Back
Top Bottom