Beach hunting in Croatia

karel

Elite Member
One week of vacation on Croatian isle Rab I decided utilized not only for recuparation of my body having sea swimming. First day morning I let my wife with a grandchild on the beach and hurried to mountain with my F75.
Sunny tropical weather, ragged terrain everywhere around me like in a stone pit, lot of pricky bushes and that all reduced my advance. Met just wild sheeps but coveted finds none, only one Tito’s era dinar coin dated 1945. Finally who’d toil in past into that off limit heavy wilderness. Just freak as me. Realized my foolishness I aimed my metal detectoring activity for next days on a beach between 4 - 6.30 am when all still in beds.
Four hunts gave me full grasp of current coins, totally 88 Croatian kunas, 1 English pound, 40 Eurocents from various countries such as Spain, French, Germany, dinars from former Yugoslavia and Slovenian 20 tolariev. Further couple of baubles and finally interesting a rounded item looks like a coin or button?
It had been under thick coat of sand crust and after carefull cleaning there‘s seen a fish on the reverse and metal round on obverse.
Kuna coins in best condition (they are not on pics) I spent for a toy car for the grandchild.

Attachments

• 44kl.jpg
    44kl.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 3,210
  • 55po.jpg
    55po.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 3,127
  • 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,990
  • 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3,018
  • 22253.jpg
    22253.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 3,128
  • 212154.jpg
    212154.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 3,027
  • 222223.jpg
    222223.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,963
  • 225214.jpg
    225214.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3,113
  • 1111415.jpg
    1111415.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,976
  • P7033423.jpg
    P7033423.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 3,683
  • kkk2k3.jpg
    kkk2k3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,026
  • P7033443.jpg
    P7033443.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,950
  • P7033444.jpg
    P7033444.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3,133
  • DSCF1334.jpg
    DSCF1334.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 3,003
Hi Karel

Nice vacation, glad you took the detector along with you. The beach was good to you, and you found some worthwhile treasures. Sorry that the hills did not work out for you, but all in all I bet it was a good time away from home.

Have a very profitable and enjoyable summer, I enjoy your posts as always.

ColoKid

Hi Karel!
Your post is a great relief for me. I will also visit Croatian cost this summer, and my girlfriend often suggests I should beach hunt, to find some gold. Since WW2 items are just junk to her ;)
Well since you didn’t find any gold, there is no reason I should risk getting arrested. Did you meet anyone during your searches?

I must make a semi-political comment on "SRETNO" piggy.;)
In times of communism, the state tried to cut all religious/Xmas symbols from December celebrations. So they stimulate superstitious symbol use. To make impression they respect tradition. And they did everything to make this symbols look traditional, even some have no place in this region. Most common in New year iconography were: chimney sweeper, 4 leaf clover, piggy, horseshoe. SRETNO piggy is probably New year keychain.

Congrats on your coin finds and relics, looks like a very scenic area. Thanks for sharing your story and pics, I enjoyed it very much :grin:

Hi Karel!
Your post is a great relief for me. I will also visit Croatian cost this summer, and my girlfriend often suggests I should beach hunt, to find some gold. Since WW2 items are just junk to her ;)
Well since you didn’t find any gold, there is no reason I should risk getting arrested. Did you meet anyone during your searches?

I did not meet anyone.
It means nothing I was out of gold finds.
Believe you should find for your girlfriend . When you go on the beach really with the first moment of daybreak there will not be anyone and this is the right moment for hunting. Additionaly beach hunting is no reason for arrest. Worse situation maybe in inland. Take the "weapon" with and you will see ...
Anyhow my wife also sees war items like junk :D
Happy hunting and let me know the result

Anyhow my wife also sees war items like junk :D
Happy hunting and let me know the result

Hehe, in fact you are lucky. I explained how much is my antipartisan badge worth, and now she is teasing me, she will sell it ;)

HH ;)

Back
Top Bottom