Garrett AT PRO vs GTI 2500

The AT Pro is Garretts best detector! I saw a you tube video comparing the two and the AT had better depth (in the air).:yes:

I like my 2500. Depth is good in actual dirt LOL. Just yesterday it sniffed out an old coin; display said it was at 7 inches but it came to 8 or maybe 9 in real depth.

Whichever you choose, good luck and happy hunting.

The AT Pro is Garretts best detector! I saw a you tube video comparing the two and the AT had better depth (in the air).:yes:

I seen the 2500 for sale on Craigslist for Grand Rapids Michigan and did a search . The don't make it no more and I talked to my dealer and he said they come out with them too quick before they did a good job on developing them. I seen the video too when doing a search on them and also noticed the AT Pro was much better on depth.
Bad thing on the AT Pro , one of my detecting buddies has had things breaking on his. So I called my dealer and he had two of the arm rest for the M6 in stock and my detecting buddy bought both for his two AT Pro s as they are metal not plastic. I put a nut on a bolt to keep mine from working lose on my M6. The othe problem for him was the end at the coil went bad and lucky for him they are under his warrenty for replacement yet. All makes me feel the AT Pro is fragile.

I use the M6 against two guys that have AT Pro and the one out does me a lot . I have out done him once or twice. I think it is in the luck of where your get to detect when with others. I have a higher day alone of $7.47 than my one friend. I went down a stretch of trashy area next to a basket ball court and picked out dimes and copper pennies the other missed, like 10 clad dimes and 10 copper pennies. He got $0.56 for the day I got around $3.00 for that day. The M6 is close to price with the AT Pro, you can turn it on and go while they are pumping thier coil and setting things. I have TDK WR700 wireless headphones on my M6 so no cord to get caught on. I notice they will say a coin is 6 inches or 4 to 6 inches and my M6 will come up with 4 inches and that is about right on the money. Don't know what the AT Pro runs for batteries but my M6 runs 8 AA s for a battery life of around 40 hours . I like running in tone mode now as I can move along looking at where I am going. I run the sensitivity to a point I won't lose small gold rings and sensitivity up on 100 % I know the difference between corroded iron that reads like a coin and a coin. I do like the Ace 350 our other buddy bought it for me thinking I wanted it the guy had a good price on it and we were thinking of offereing the guy $150 for it but Dave got it for $160 so not bad Chuck had gone to see the guy , had a appointment to meet with him and he didn't answer the door didn't call him to tell him it was sold either so I let Chuck buy it. If Chuck ever wants to sell it I am willing to buy it . Dave had a coin garden and I tried it out and was impressed with it . These guys are both great guys to know I met them here on forum. I call Dave the Ring King he called me the Dime King LOL I have a real good time when we get together to go detecting. I keep hoping I find a great spot to detect and we all get a lot of old coins and rings
M6 Mike
They pick me up to go detecting , I am legally blind. Couldn't ask for better friends then Dave and Chuck.

M6 Mike

Need to verify dealers info before posting...

I seen the 2500 for sale on Craigslist for Grand Rapids Michigan and did a search . The don't make it no more and I talked to my dealer and he said they come out with them too quick before they did a good job on developing them. M6 Mike

WHOA!!! Who is giving out this info??? The Garrett GTI 2500 is still the flagship model and still being sold. A quick click at the Garrett website would show you.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_gti2500_main.aspx

Hey Slip, I actually own and use both the Garrett 2500 and AT Pro and they are like driving two different cars. The newer features on the AT Pro are nice, Iron-audio, DD coil, and waterproof capability, but I still depend on my 2500 and it's Imaging Display to not dig a bunch of junk. Just depends on what machine you want to drive on a certain day.

WHOA!!! Who is giving out this info??? The Garrett GTI 2500 is still the flagship model and still being sold. A quick click at the Garrett website would show you.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_gti2500_main.aspx

Hey Slip, I actually own and use both the Garrett 2500 and AT Pro and they are like driving two different cars. The newer features on the AT Pro are nice, Iron-audio, DD coil, and waterproof capability, but I still depend on my 2500 and it's Imaging Display to not dig a bunch of junk. Just depends on what machine you want to drive on a certain day.

thanks wool i dont know what to buy . less trash would be great i went to a new park yesterday and had Discrimination turned way up coins only found a lot of clad and even my first silver dime man that thang looked sweet all shiney and clean just setting there under my plug i just poped out . i went back to day turned my Discrimination down and dug 37 pull tabs i counted them as i put them in the trash no 5 cents and a little more clad i missed yesterday .whats the diffrence between a md for 1400 vs a 600 md is there that much diffrence in them thanks for the help

Either of those detectors plus a host of others will be an upgrade. No matter what detector you buy you're still going to dig trash if you don't want to miss potentially good targets. Gold jewelry comes in all over the spectrum on any and all machines. Personally, between the 2 you mention, I'd pick the AT Pro.

Out of curiousity, who says and how exactly is the GTI2500 Garrett's flagship machine? The machine was released in 1999 wasn't it? I would hope that the new technology and advancements in the AT Pro would be more than the 2500. Just curious, not trying to argue.

If the GTI 2500's price was anything to demonstrate it's "flagship" status, I would think that it'd be somewhat comparable to an etrac or explorer, but from what I have seen and heard it can't compare. However, comparisons are made almost daily between the AT Pro and the etrac/explorer machines. Maybe it's just me, but I believe the AT Pro is Garrett's new flagship machine, effectiveness, features, and price make it a top contender in the market.

Out of curiousity, who says and how exactly is the GTI2500 Garrett's flagship machine?

Here's the manufacturer's take of the two machine's capabilities.

Garrett Detector Recommendations.jpg

If you look at the finds thread the AT Pro is killing it on both jewelry and coins.

One of my ideas on why the AT Pro is so effective is its super fast recovery speed allows folks to move much faster and hear more targets.

You can literally wave it as fast as you want and it will still register a target, then you can re-scan to hear more accuratly what the target is.

Its an amazing machine.

Here's the manufacturer's take of the two machine's capabilities.

View attachment 166752

Maybe it's just me but looking at that chart makes me think the AT Pro is superior to the GTI 2500 by one area. That's not including the capabilities that aren't listed on the machine, waterproofing, iron audio, etc. The ONLY thing that the GTI 2500 has that the AT Pro doesn't that might make someone smile for a few digs is the (approximate) size indicator.

I am still not convinced the GTI 2500 is Garrett's most prized detector.

I had a GTI2500. I would not consider it a modern detector. You can find better performance at a cheaper price without looking very hard.

Dan

2500 opinion

Is like a antique, If it wasn't for the ATpro, Garrett would be hurting, even the pro pointer once a hot seller , has been beaten down by the TRX, the Ace models still sell - because of kids that are just starting out, but the Teknetics Euro Tek Pro is a better machine, just as easy to learn- with a 5 year warranty , even the ATX has not really been a hot seller, due to its size, and price tag, bottom line is Atpro is ok , if your stuck on Garrett, personally I like Fisher, Minelab, Whites , and Teknetics which both Fisher, and Teknetics are owned by 1st Texas, but carry a 5 year warranty, good luck in your choice 38 years of land hunting, water hunting since 2009, Earl ps if you like whites get a V3i, my 1st machine was a coinmaster to.

Attachments

• whites coinmaster.jpg
    whites coinmaster.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4,676
Back
Top Bottom