Lead and holes...and buttons

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
I didn't get as far along as I had planned today but did find a few keepers.

An elderly lady from the property next door stopped to ask if I was the one that "dug two big holes in her front yard". I explained I would never do such a thing and it was poor practice by whoever did to be on her property without permission and to leave open holes as well. She said whoever it was took the dirt with them too (which I thought was odd).

I called the land owner of the property I have permission to hunt over and we looked at the holes and told her we would fill them in for her.

Upon further inspection it appears that the holes were actually from old tree stumps that had finally rotted away and caved in during recent rain. She mentioned coincidentally that she used to have pine trees along that area.

We filled the holes in for her then I went back to hunting for a bit and had to head home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Great finds & a nice deed for the lady. Might result in some new permission for ya. How you "diggin" that Tornado?

I agree with the Wolf. Good job on helping out the lady, I am sure she appreciated it. And maybe it will get you onto another property. Nice lead too!

Great finds & a nice deed for the lady. Might result in some new permission for ya. How you "diggin" that Tornado?

Thanks!

Diggin it , used it today !

Yeh I believe in good deeds...permission or not. She probably would allow me to but I will wait for better timing.

Well...I have permission to detect part of her property.

Did a quick scatter check and came up with these.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 431
Well went for another short hunt.

I found the trash pit...lots of great sounding trash ..no bottles or anything cool in that area so moved on to another area with what remained of the time I had.

Did find one percussion cap and tongue from a shoulder scale. (Example of another one in red portion of pic for example)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 279
Come on now, fess up, it was really you stealing her dirt now wasn't it. LOL

Nice deed by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get as far along as I had planned today but did find a few keepers.

An elderly lady from the property next door stopped to ask if I was the one that "dug two big holes in her front yard". I explained I would never do such a thing and it was poor practice by whoever did to be on her property without permission and to leave open holes as well. She said whoever it was took the dirt with them too (which I thought was odd).

I called the land owner of the property I have permission to hunt over and we looked at the holes and told her we would fill them in for her.

Upon further inspection it appears that the holes were actually from old tree stumps that had finally rotted away and caved in during recent rain. She mentioned coincidentally that she used to have pine trees along that area.

We filled the holes in for her then I went back to hunting for a bit and had to head home.

I have a question about the curved piece in the top of the first picture. What is it? A friend and I were detecting (we are fairly new at this) and found a piece identical to it, a small half mushroomed lead ball, and a chunk of what we now believe to be camp lead. Unfortunately, we wrote it off as trash and no longer have the pieces, but we are curious about the location and if it's worth a second look.

Back
Top Bottom