BUCKET LISTER. & dime trifecta (kinda)

PanheadDan

I hope the title doesn't come off as "click bait" to some but I am just trying to find a way to describe how I feel from the last couple days. If you saw my previous post containing the seated dime I found whilst hunting on Saturday with DIGGER27 & Dr.Detroit, it has only gotten better every day since. I go through my silver slumps just like everyone else I assume. But since Saturday, I have been somewhat infected with this urge to make myself save some more old silver. Example, after waking yesterday on Easter, I surprised my wife with her basket and could not pass up an opprotunity to hit a worn out park as the older generation assumes. The weather was SSOOO nice and it's only a mile from me. I went to the very unattractive areas that were dry looking and consisting of tons of pebbles. I dug an early wheat and soon after a nice tone revealed a silver rim. I face timed my brother who has recently got into detecting so that we could see it together. Knowing the park is old enough to produce even seated (I was hoping barber), it turned out to be a 1917 merc. needless to say, I was very humbled by the silver gods for giving me a merc dime in an obvious area that should be pounded by now. Couldn't have been 2 inches either.
So... Today, I went back but instead, wandered up the mountain where there are old walls running the banks of the hills which served as view points, bbq areas etc. Staying level with one, I scanned for roughly 5 mins and had a scratchy 87 89. I dug my plug parallel with the wall, and not but 2 - 3 inches I saw a coin but did not see any color or identification. I then did the whole pass on the top side of my hand using it to grind some dirt, and saw the shine. I gasp as I had done a "no no" to a potential rare silver coin and looked down to check that it was ok. It was then I noticed I had hit bucket lister #2! Barber dime, a 1901 model. I was so excited as you read I get when finding awesome coins, I called DIGGER27 to let him know.
This poor coin probably lived its life resting on that stone wall, straight up and down, also probably why the signal sounded so scratchy. But it's MINE and I couldn't be happier. So my dime trifecta happened over the course of these last three days. Sat down on Saturday, Merc'd on Easter, and a case of the Mondays with a side of Barber. This is only getting me more addicted if anything.

On a dark note, soon after the barber, I caught I guy do some VERY disturbing things to himself while watching some kids play... I caught him twice and almost introduced him to my Leche shovel. I kicked him out of the park and advised I don't catch him there again... Needless to say, I think he got my message.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 415
Great finds. I'm a little jelly. Next time call the cops and get a plate number if he's in a car. People like that need to be in the system and monitored.... Or introduced to a shovel.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Nice TRI !!!!!!

Congrats...........Those oldies are really getting tough to come by anymore.......

I've been in a silver drought for well over a month......you guys are killing me.......

Back
Top Bottom