Just a normal SATurday with DIGGER27 & the doc

PanheadDan

I have not posted in a min but this was a must! I recently posted a thread regarding my bucket list, also writing that with the uncertain reality that any of it would happen in the near future, BUT....
I met DIGGER27 at some fancy curb strips the other day and didn't have much luck with any coins or relics of the old variety, so, I headed onward towards the house. But not before pulling a detour and hitting some SMALL curb strips by older homes I had once rented an apartment nearby. I scored two wheats and then BOOM, a shiny yellow item that appeared to be trash. When I pulled it and felt the weight, and shape, I thought I had just hit bucket lister. Chunky gold ring... Unfortunately it was my fools gold. 18K plated. Still, a cool find to me. Closer to home I hit the same Rosie / Merc producing strips I adore but with no discrim, iron audio off, on the AT Pro and popped my oldest wheat. Super green, super clean, 1910 model. Knowing this weekend had perfect warm weather predicted, Dave and I planned that we would head outside of the safety net and go somewhere else promising (or just different lol). We roped in DrDetroit as well and went to an old area with history dating back to the 1800's. Easter goers soon had started an egg hunt for the kids and we were out numbered. So we decided to go with Dave's suggestion to make our way down the road to another one of his personal parks. Huge lake, tot lot, old creepy cemetery next door. The Whole 9. They split in different directions and I was lone, and not finding anything but fishing weights by the lake side. A young boy and two very young girls came up with an inexpensive detector and had a million questions to go with it. Loving to entertain, I secretly stuck a dime in the dirt and told him to "check out this tone". He was so excited, and then said there was a creepy cabin on the other side of the playground. I got excited lol.. I walked by and saw a very old cabin home sitting next to the modern playground. Clearly a historic item for park goers to admire. The fence outlining it was small and I took advantage of the ground bordering it. I took 4 & 1/2 swings and then a solid 86, 87, 89, 88. Loving the tone and assuming modern quarter at 4 inches, I dug and... Lost it. I saw what glistened and was looking at the obverse. Didn't take but 3 seconds for me to know. I collapsed, called DIGGER and DrDetroit to come where I was and waited so I could enjoy it (or cry) with them present.
I pulled my spray, and hit it with DIGGER there and WOW, 1884 seated!!! And GOOD. Such a clean example that appears to have been dropped in 1884 as DrDetroit put it lol.
Took probably 20 mins and 18 text and face times for me to come back from that. Shortly after I managed to find my first early round. What DIGGER said looks like a buck in ball..
I have fun on all hunts, foiled or full filled, but today was incredibly. For all you old coin shooters out there, I know you remember your first. I will never forget it. Big thanks to Dave (DIGGER27) for being my lucky charm. He has been around for a few of my big bucketlisters. This is my oldest coin, oldest silver, and first seated. Yee HAAAWW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 228
Seated what ??? No matter, I have yet to find my first seated anything. It's killing me !!!

Yea...he was kinda happy after that one.
When he called me to walk over to meet him he was giggling uncontrollably, when I asked him what he found he just said, "Just come over here".
When I made it over to his area I see him laying down flat on his back on the ground.
What the heck did he find that knocked him out I wondered?

The rest of the day he was pretty worthless, I had to almost tie ropes to his feet to hold him down to earth because he kept trying to float away.
Silver, his first seated dime and oldest coin so far.
Both Dr. Detroit and Dan seem to find some great things when I am around...maybe I should change my handle to Luckyrabbit'sfoot.
He said he owed me lunch but I said no, I just suggested this park, he was the one that got his coil over it and dug it.

I was there when he found his first buff, now this when found this beautiful specimen.
Watching newbies find their first anything is...priceless.
When it is something great even better.
His picture doesn't do it justice, this thing is unusually sharp and beautiful on both sides.

He really wants a Barber now, real gold even more, but if he gets so excited about coins I have now idea how he will react when he finds his first gold.
Better bring a complete first aid kit on our hunts now... plus a defibrillator just in case.

Great going Dan...you deserve it and more to come!

Attachments

• dime Dan_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    dime Dan_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Dan dime.jpg
    Dan dime.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I never find any old silver coins:crying:...Digger, I'll give you 10 bucks if come hang out with me:money::help:

Or maybe you could just channel good, old silver coin vibes my way?:thinking:

And DANG, that's a NICE find Dan!!!

Back
Top Bottom