Three park hunts, a few neat finds.

volksbeetle28

Here's the finds from my last 3 park hunts. Averaged about 5 hrs each hunt. First hunt was tough. Lots and lots of iron bits with 1 lone wheat.

Second hunt produced a few good targets. My favorite is the shell gas station key fob. Also got a couple wheats and what I thought at first was going to be a nickel. Pulled it out of the hole and the coin had some corrosion similar to what zincolns get. Started to rub it and I could see a swastika on the front. I threw it in the tumbler when I got home and found that's it's a 10 Fennig coin from 1941. It's made of zinc so probably why it didn't hold up very well in the ground.

The last hunt was better but covered less ground. I was moving at a snails pace and started hitting a couple wheats. One of them had a marble with it. Then I got the religious pendant which I thought might be silver, but I don't believe it is. The best find of the day was a 1920 Mercury dime. It was right next to a plug I had dug on a previous hunt, but moving really really slow is what enabled me to get it this time. Got a couple more wheats, a couple buttons, and some other charm-type thing. Can't wait for the next hunt. Good luck to all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 346
Cool finds!

Crazy mix of coins. Odd that you found a German War Pfennig. Congrats on the silver. It looks like a place I would hunt again. Good luck!

The Shell Oil fob is from about 1948. The logo has changed through the years.

Attachments

• IMG_3756.JPG
    IMG_3756.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 159
Mercury Dime

Congrates on the mercury dime, and other cool stuff, and sticking with it to find some difficult targets. I hunted all day on Friday and made one last stop, in a curb strip for ten minutes, as I had to pick up my friend after work, and finally hit a 1951 Rosie to make my day a successful one. I figure if I find one silver, I am happy. I also found 4 wheat's, oldest a 1939P.
HH everyone

Really nice assortment of finds! A lot better then what I find at my local parks (zincolns).

What machine were you using?

Crazy mix of coins. Odd that you found a German War Pfennig. Congrats on the silver. It looks like a place I would hunt again. Good luck!
Thanks. Best I can come with is maybe a kids father served in WWII and brought it home for them.

The Shell fob is very cool...congrats also on the Merc, pfennig and the rest of the digs!

That right there is a very nice variety of finds! Congrats with the great hunts!

Congrats! Awesome finds!
Thanks

The Shell Oil fob is from about 1948. The logo has changed through the years.
Thanks for the picture. I found some non-dug ones on eBay but none had any information on age.

Congrates on the mercury dime, and other cool stuff, and sticking with it to find some difficult targets. I hunted all day on Friday and made one last stop, in a curb strip for ten minutes, as I had to pick up my friend after work, and finally hit a 1951 Rosie to make my day a successful one. I figure if I find one silver, I am happy. I also found 4 wheat's, oldest a 1939P.
HH everyone
Thanks and congrats on your Rosie.

Really nice assortment of finds! A lot better then what I find at my local parks (zincolns).

What machine were you using?

Thanks. I'm using the AT Pro. Still learning a lot of what it's telling me.

Back
Top Bottom