What is this, Tag or Token?

H Desert Digger

Forum Supporter
Token%20or%20Tag%202.jpg

Found yesterday at a local park.

A little thinner and smaller than a quarter, looks like brass and reads the same on each side....I feel I should know what this is, I'm sure someone knows. What is it?

Thanks

HDD

Well, apparently I will need to change my original post from "I'm sure someone knows" to "Maybe someone knows"....:laughing:

No biggie I have a few "mystery finds" one more won't matter.

HDD

I agree.
I don't think it is a token.
My feelings are it's a type of pickers chip or it could also be a Tool check.
Tool checks were used when a worker would check out a tool from the tool locker and a Pickers chip was used to keep count of how much produce was picked and turned in.
Of the two I would say pickers chip.
Picker number 45 and number 3 of what ever the batch turned in was.

I agree.
I don't think it is a token.
My feelings are it's a type of pickers chip or it could also be a Tool check.
Tool checks were used when a worker would check out a tool from the tool locker and a Pickers chip was used to keep count of how much produce was picked and turned in.
Of the two I would say pickers chip.
Picker number 45 and number 3 of what ever the batch turned in was.

I did not know for sure what to call the item, but since it resembles a coin/token in size and shape....anyway....I think you maybe on to something...I could see where maybe it was issued by a controller over a tool bin or something to that effect and when the item was returned, they (the controller) knew where it can from and where to put it back....Perhaps???

Thanks for your comment

HDD

Very specific number on that, like huntindog said maybe a tool token or something similar?

Yeah, not knowing what to search for on Google makes it tough. I went thru about a dozen pages on Google images....not one picture even came close. Guess I'll show it around town to some of my senior neighbors.

HDD

Back
Top Bottom