31 nickels

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Larry, Karen and I took a bit of a road trip today in search of a new spot and found a nice little place that looked promising. The moment we turned on our machines we heard targets. I've since named this beach "Nickle beach."

There were so many targets we started ignoring the high tones. The place was full of coins with very little trash. There were some quarters and even some white fishing weights but they were very deep. Everything else was about 4-10 inches down.

I got 31 nickels, about 8 quarters, 10 dimes, and about 30 pennies.
Karen and Larry got similar totals.

Larry got a very cool hand hammered ring that we think is brass.

Here's my finds. Both gold rings were in a 5 foot radius. When I found the first one I slowed down and did a tight grid search in different directions and quickly found the second. Having found two I expanded the grid search and hit it over and over again but it was not going to give up a third gold but not too far away I found the silver ring as well.

Attachments

• September 4 16 Three rings.jpg
    September 4 16 Three rings.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 582
  • September 4 16 Three rings 2.jpg
    September 4 16 Three rings 2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 559
So, you got all the Nickels on the east coast.

BTW: Do you ever go hunting and come back without a gold ring or at least precious metals of some type?

Fun looking hunt Kap... I have a nickel beach as well up here but haven't hit in in two years.... will you do me a favor? After hunting will you leave Larry unshackled so he can pick up the phone when I call? ;)

Fun looking hunt Kap... I have a nickel beach as well up here but haven't hit in in two years.... will you do me a favor? After hunting will you leave Larry unshackled so he can pick up the phone when I call? ;)

I am disinclined to acquiesce your request. :laughing:

I am thinking of moving to florida. These new england beaches close up and thats it until the next one. 31 nickels. They sound and act like fat gold rings. I see you scooped out 2 nice ones. That spot has got to have more goodness there. heh. hh gl -Joe

Larry, Karen and I took a bit of a road trip today in search of a new spot and found a nice little place that looked promising. The moment we turned on our machines we heard targets. I've since named this beach "Nickle beach."

There were so many targets we started ignoring the high tones. The place was full of coins with very little trash. There were some quarters and even some white fishing weights but they were very deep. Everything else was about 4-10 inches down.

I got 31 nickels, about 8 quarters, 10 dimes, and about 30 pennies.
Karen and Larry got similar totals.

Larry got a very cool hand hammered ring that we think is brass.

Here's my finds. Both gold rings were in a 5 foot radius. When I found the first one I slowed down and did a tight grid search in different directions and quickly found the second. Having found two I expanded the grid search and hit it over and over again but it was not going to give up a third gold but not too far away I found the silver ring as well.

I am thinking of moving to florida. These new england beaches close up and thats it until the next one. 31 nickels. They sound and act like fat gold rings. I see you scooped out 2 nice ones. That spot has got to have more goodness there. heh. hh gl -Joe

Try Georgia :)

Nah I figure Ill make a bunch of hunting buddies in alabama and meet up with them all the time and share finds and spots and talk treasure on treasure coast near all those popular tourist beaches. :laughing:

Wait a minute, when it comes to me. No one wants to be my friend on the beach maybe its better that way. -Joe

Try Georgia :)

Last edited:
Nah I figure Ill make a bunch of hunting buddies in florida and meet up with them all the time and share finds and spots and talk treasure on treasure coast near all those popular tourist beaches. :laughing:

Wait a minute, when it comes to me. No one wants to be my friend on the beach maybe its better that way. -Joe

Aww I was kinda giving you a hint not saying I'd not wanna be friends :) shhhhh good thing nobody reads replies.

:dingding: That's a lot of nickels & congrats on the 2 golds! I would have a hard time giving up on high tones and probably wouldn't do it.

Gotchya :laughing:. I think I need another cup of coffee [I need it :laughing:]. Think Ima take a quick ride and scope a few spots out. Just maybe hermine will free up some stuff.

Aww I was kinda giving you a hint not saying I'd not wanna be friends :) shhhhh good thing nobody reads replies.

Back
Top Bottom