Sweet Centennial Seated Liberty!

MDLand

Found this on an old cart road in the woods! What are the chances??!!
I'm still in shock!!! Was not expecting much while relic hunting, usually just find oxen shoes and headstamps, square nails and musket balls...then this pops up! whoa.. read a 92 on my ATP. it was about 2 inches deep.. needless to say, but I'm extremely excited!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wow, in context to where you found it, that's close to a mind blowing, eye popping find!

Yeah! That is a killer find there! Thats an old trail! Ne telling what else in in there waiting for you! Congratulations on that stunner!
Mud

That's a great find!! Very cool when you're not really expecting something like that. What else did you find?

Thanks everyone!
I brought it to work for a "show and tell"!
It's great to see others reaction to it. Most don't even know what it is!?! lol
This was a great find for me. I find many ox shoes along these old roads, this is a first BIG find for me!
HH to all!

MD, this is why so many of us love this hobby.

Many of us work the beaches for dropped jewelry and coin.

We also enjoy the old public parks and grass areas.

It's a different world when we get out on these old cart roads. There is no telling what you can get under the coil. Anything can be around these ancient animal pens, cellar holes, stone walls, wells and barn foundations.

Even well slammed sites will still produce fun finds.

Out where I hunt, these old Yankee farmers didn't have a lot of money to drop. Finding large cents and colonial coppers can be something special. Finding silver coin is even more rare.

Sometimes coming home with a few good flat buttons and ancient head stamps is as good as it gets.

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom