• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

WW2 Pilot Wings and Token

MarcS

Had a great (and really exhausting) with my brother in law yesterday. Went out for about 6 hours and found some wheats, a Palmolive token and some cool Sterling Silver Pilot Wings. I did some research, and so far all I know is that they are WW2 Army Corps Pilot Wings made by N.S. Meyer. If anybody knows a more exact date, please let me know. Same goes for the token..

Thanks guys!

MS

Attachments

• wings01.jpg
    wings01.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 616
  • wings02.jpg
    wings02.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 652
  • ptok01.jpg
    ptok01.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 655
  • ptok02.jpg
    ptok02.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 658
Yep, they were about 3" deep, thought it was another can when I heard the signal..
They are 3" wide and weigh 0.7 ounces

I like those wings. They could be a WW2 hat pin. I think I've seen them on the aviator type hats before. Nice finds!

They were sitting in really dry, dusty ground, so all I had to do was to lightly toothbrush it with some water :-)

WW2-era US Army Air Corps pilot wings

Yes This a really nice sterling silver WW2-era US Army Air Corps pilot wings!!! This wings emblem was worn on the uniform's left breast side above the pocket. This wing isnt used on hat but on the uniform. Congrats on the find!!!:yes:

Yes This a really nice sterling silver WW2-era US Army Air Corps pilot wings!!! This wings emblem was worn on the uniform's left breast side above the pocket. This wing isnt used on hat but on the uniform. Congrats on the find!!!:yes:
Thanks. I only realized what I had when I started cleaning it and saw the 'Sterling' writing on the back.. I would say, that this is my coolest find so far in my short 3 month MD adventure :-)

Haha! I saw that, and I was going to post on your thread, but I guess I had to do some chore in the house ;-) those are some cool wings. I still want to try to put a name to mine, the lot I found mine on had a recently torn down house on it, so maybe I can figure out who owned it before the city annexed it

Back
Top Bottom