Got a whole 4 hours in yesterday!

Jeff, as a general rule of thumb, if the town doesn't have any rules or regulations that prohibit metal detecting it is usually okay. The only thing I would question though is if the common that you were detecting is a historic site or on the national registry, then someone might complain. Similar to Tom in CA's thoughts, If you go to the town hall you might wind up talking with a bureaucrat that isn't a fan of MDing. You could always go when she's not around.

Great haul!

Very nice, congrats on the merc and indian.

Jeff, as a general rule of thumb, if the town doesn't have any rules or regulations that prohibit metal detecting it is usually okay. The only thing I would question though is if the common that you were detecting is a historic site or on the national registry, then someone might complain. Similar to Tom in CA's thoughts, If you go to the town hall you might wind up talking with a bureaucrat that isn't a fan of MDing. You could always go when she's not around.

Thanks everyone! This spot has no historical significance, it doesn't even have a park bench. It's like a giant "island" or patch of grass, owned and maintained by the town. The police don't care, that I know, wish I could make her realize that she's literally the ONLY person that cares. Happy hunting everyone!

Back
Top Bottom