Scouting hunt (updated)

gtoast99

Forum Supporter
Went on a scouting hunt, and while I didn't get skunked, I worked way harder for these fired bullets than I would have liked. I've got to be near something, I know I'm in the right general area. But the camp must not be on the property I've got permission for. Used the gpx for a while, but 22's were driving me nuts (part of it was a modern firing range) so I switched over to the CTX.

Attachments

• IMG_20170414_161117.jpg
    IMG_20170414_161117.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 369
Hopefully, Tony, you haven't found "what's left" of the camp you're looking for. Hard work or not, your finds would be a good day for me most days.

Wayne

Thanks y'all. Definitely not complaining, got out and got some lead, that's a good day! Just not worth going g back to that exact spot. Wayne, I don't think so, these are all fired. I'm close to the camp but no cigar haha.

Scouting hunt take two. I got the okay to search a little field next to my fired bullets. And then ran into the property owner from next door while I was hunting the paddock. Got the okay for that property as well, and found a big iron patch from a burned building. I told the landowner there was a previous building there, he confirmed it was a house and didn't know how old, but he had a picture of it from the 1920's. I plucked these two flatties out of the iron patch, so I know it predates the 20's haha!! Still no camp, but if it's a period house, I know it's not far. Only hunted in there about 20 mins so I know there's more.

There's only a couple of places the fired bullets I found last time could have come from based on topography. One of them is right behind this house site. So I'm hopeful for some CW mixed in too. Landowner did say it had been hunted before, but what hasn't, amirite? And if they missed these then who knows.

Attachments

• IMG_20170418_165317.jpg
    IMG_20170418_165317.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20170418_170955.jpg
    IMG_20170418_170955.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom