Dug everything last night

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, got out for an hour and a half before the sun went down last night. Didn't take long but the mosquito's are already out :no: I went to the same spot I hit the half with Marshall the day before. Seeing how I've been over this tiny ballfield numerous times, and compared to my other sites, it's a little cleaner trash wise. I decided to dig everything. I of course dug every iron false thinking there was a walker in the plug :laughing: Here are my results. One 1944 wheat and one 1951 Rosie were the highlights. Rosie was less than a foot from a chain link fence, I'm convinced I straight up missed this one in the past. Too clear of a signal, I never would have passed up. I think I'm gunna start including my trash with my posts. Although it's more work, I think it gives new users a better idea of what it takes to find good targets sometimes. I also don't mind digging all the junk as it might uncover a good target. Included a junker ring that for the blood pumping from the other day, hunting a new soccer field with my 4 year old daughter. I appreciate the looks and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_2134.jpg
    IMG_2134.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_2137.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_2113.jpg
    IMG_2113.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 446
Cool! Love those Junk Shots! Those are some old tabs and nails in there! So the signs are right! Might just be a big old Walker Spill with a handful of Buff nickels on top in there someplace!

Wow, more of those big old bent spikes and nails. Takes that 3030 to find anything there. Grrrr, ATP-Minelab-ATP-Minelab-ATP-Minelab, dang Jeff!;) Congrats on the couple more, though I'm sure there's more there. I'll bet there's a big ole silver just waiting for you.:yes:

I dont know if that's good but the amethyst is pretty.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Cool! Love those Junk Shots! Those are some old tabs and nails in there! So the signs are right! Might just be a big old Walker Spill with a handful of Buff nickels on top in there someplace!

Wow, more of those big old bent spikes and nails. Takes that 3030 to find anything there. Grrrr, ATP-Minelab-ATP-Minelab-ATP-Minelab, dang Jeff!;) Congrats on the couple more, though I'm sure there's more there. I'll bet there's a big ole silver just waiting for you.:yes:

Nice job on the merc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whole lot of diggin going on ,Congrats. ,,,,,HH

Really looks like a very busy hunt Jeff, Congrats on the Rosie. Jack

Thanks everyone! This is probably the only ballfield I hunt that I could realistically dig most of the targets from it, due to its size. It's sandwiched in between a few 1800's houses so there's definitely a chance at some oldies. I hit an early seated dime here two seasons ago. It was an 1856 O if I remember correctly... I'd like to concentrate right next to the road next time, on the other side of the chain link fence. Never tried there before. Happy hunting everyone!

Nice work on the silver, Congrats!
I like seeing the trash shots and try to add them when I can too.
It's nice to see the guy's who are making nice finds are digging the same crapola as me. :D

Nice work on the Rosie and shot house penny...learn to trust what the detector is telling you and most of the iron will get left behind unless it's in the hole with a coin.

Congrats on the silver. The trash ratio looks about right.

Nice work on the silver, Congrats!
I like seeing the trash shots and try to add them when I can too.
It's nice to see the guy's who are making nice finds are digging the same crapola as me. :D

Nice work on the Rosie and shot house penny...learn to trust what the detector is telling you and most of the iron will get left behind unless it's in the hole with a coin.

I'm slowly learning this machine, baby steps. I haven't changed much from the factory coin mode. I wanna make sure I understand what each setting does before I go tinkering with them. I appreciate the comments guys and happy hunting!

i know what you mean with the trash...

Good deal with the roosy. And wheat......ive been doing something similar with my Garrett atp.. A few times I've had ...what sounded like a good signal next to or inn between two trash or iron targets.....so i eliminate the trash targets first...and. It has paid off a few times with that
Good signal,, got better! And there it is...some sort of coin!
Found two newer nickles stuck together gave me a 58. But solid signal...
Pulled out a iron screw about a two incher...and here came the two nickles!!!
Trash digs pay off!.....one of those nickles by itself in the air read a solid #52..
Kinda interesting, I thought.....
HH

I'm new to MDing and I appreciate your posting a picture with everything. At least now I know I am digging the right amount of trash:grin:

Nice digs!!! Nothing like bringing home silver.

Good deal with the roosy. And wheat......ive been doing something similar with my Garrett atp.. A few times I've had ...what sounded like a good signal next to or inn between two trash or iron targets.....so i eliminate the trash targets first...and. It has paid off a few times with that
Good signal,, got better! And there it is...some sort of coin!
Found two newer nickles stuck together gave me a 58. But solid signal...
Pulled out a iron screw about a two incher...and here came the two nickles!!!
Trash digs pay off!.....one of those nickles by itself in the air read a solid #52..
Kinda interesting, I thought.....
HH

Pop that annie oakley penny on ebay :lol::lol::lol: Nice digs man!

Thanks everyone! There's very few locations that I will dig everything. This is one of them. Happy hunting!

Looks like 90% of my digs, except silver is much harder to find where I live. I'm averaging 2-3 silver coins a month, if I'm lucky. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom