Silver Ring or a Pipe Fitting?

Shakakka

Surf up here in NY has been bananas lately, stirring up lots of cool stuff. Unfortunately I never find any of it. My buddy seems to have all the luck.

This weekend however, I found what I thought might be a ring. There's no markings on it whatsoever, and it came out of the ocean matte black.

I figured it was a pipe fitting or something, but decided to do the whole tin foil+baking soda in boiling water thing. It cleaned up pretty nice to look like this:

http://imgur.com/a/Eo0LH

It's 3/4 inches in diameter with slightly flared edges. Very smooth.

So what's the verdict? Silver toe ring? Pipe fitting? Any way I could test it without a test kit?

Thanks in advance!

It is a strange shape for a ring, which is why I thought maybe it was a fitting. Could be a toe ring though. It's thick like a man's ring but small in diameter, so it would fit better on a woman's finger (only fits my left pinky) or a toe.

If it's silver its a ring. My wife has tiny fingers. Things that barely fit the top of my pinky are loose on her ring finger.

Well I am a retired Union Pipefitter and I can tell you it doesn't look like any kind of fitting I've ever seen. I say ring!:yes:

Only way to know for sure is to acid test it. It could be silver even if its not a ring. Might be anywhere from 60% silver to Sterling (.925) does it rub off on a stone easily... another words is it soft like silver?

Back
Top Bottom