Help...lost bracelet Miramar Beach FL

lookingforlost

Hi, I am coming to this forum seeking the kind help of the many metal detecting enthusiasts and experts here. During our vacation in Miramar Beach, FL this week, we did a family reunion portrait at sunset, and I lost my white gold bangle bracelet in the sand. I normally would not wear a fancy piece of jewelry on the beach, and I am filled with regret that I did for the photos :(

I rented a metal detector the next morning, and spent the day searching from the shoreline to the beach access path...basically the entire area we stood in and moved through during the 30 minutes we were on the beach. A wonderful & patient man with a metal detector even helped me the 2nd day over the same area, but found nothing. I have posted an ad on Craigslist, left my name & number with the rental agencies that have properties along that small stretch of beach, asked everyone that was around the next few days, and plan to put a classified ad in the Destin daily news. Do you have any other suggestions? This has great sentimental value to me and I am so upset...thank you for taking the time to read this!

I would post a picture and somewhat of a map of your location where you traveled that day, this way the MDers in FLA will find it for you.

Good luck.

I don't know if Craigslist is a good idea.

There is a group called ring finders, maybe someone
on here can post the link for you.

I hope you get your bracelet back. Good luck.

There's a group called LostMyStuff on the Internets. Look in this forum's Lost And Found section to find the information. Someone from LMS might be able to help you.

SageGrouse

The last thing you want to do is advertise where you lost it and what you lost. Every low life will be looking for it and chances are it's gonna get found by someone who will not even say they found it.

A better strategy would be talk with a detectorist or two that offers to help. Then reveal to them where you think it was lost. Also don't get your hopes up, I have been approached three times while detecting. All three times it was a lost earring and all three times I came up with nothing. One person was absolutely sure they lost it in or near a soccer goal and I marked 17 targets and none of them was the earring.

Betcha everyone hit that beach hard looking for it. CL, in my opinion, was not a great idea for assistance.

Back
Top Bottom