Nox warranty

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
So..... the Nox has a GREAT warranty to go along with that price. Im curious what repair or REPLACEMENT costs might be? If they do as expected..... just toss it and give you a new box instead of taking it apart...... it will speed up repairs and lower their costs... and id think they could use the same set up for upgrading the machine or developing on. BUT.....what will it cost us for that box? Id think within a couple of hundred bucks of a new one...... what $600 range on an 800? 3 years is a long time...... so it could have an impact on resale by us as well. WHAT IF..... they use the smartscreen on the next one?

What I heard they can not maintain the water proofness if repaired so they just send you another..once they receive the damaged one back.

U r likely right Joe..... heat sealed. I think for the price and warranty its a machine with having around.... if nothing else to travel with. Will it be worth a repair out of warranty?

Back when I used to kill the tot lots and before I got the Deleon with the long coil, my primary dirt and dry sand machine was the BH Discovery 3300. In the last month of available warranty, the touchpad went bad and I sent it in for repairs. Maybe I'm wrong but I am just not a believer in the durability of those touch pads over repeated use. Maybe some of you out there can shed some light on my beliefs concerning this :?:

WIth the popularity of this machine, worldwide markets, and social media outreach, I think there will be a slew of "hacks & modifications" that will come to light.

I'd expect to first see a battery mod along with how-to waterproof.
Second, we'll see screen replacement
Third, we'll see modifying 600's to have 800 features.

Dew

I am sure your happy, as i know you will be dunking the head under the water, i won't be doing this , as it will be for the shallow , wet and dry, David i really don't see a lot of mod's on the NOX , as to the way it's put together, water proof ---wireless--- head phones , i would welcome , after market coil's that would work with the smart feature's would be nice , as i tried this with the CTX3030 and the after market coil failed to communicate with the machine.

I am sure your happy, as i know you will be dunking the head under the water, i won't be doing this , as it will be for the shallow , wet and dry....

Wet? Don't drink so much before you get in bed for the evening...:D

<°)))>{

Ice Scratcher

Let me know if i can help you out with a new Ice saw , so you can dunk your's , don't worry about what i drink before i go to bed, it's not frozen i can tell you that :shock::laughing:

David...... ill be amazed if ML does what they did with the CTX and allows us to use their website. IF they do..... get ready they found a bug. ML seems to be playing more with lith and power usage. I dont know if you have ever taken one of those CTX batteries apart or not, but thats quite a board they have attached to the battery. I think they amplify the power with reduced current to do what they need to. Ive really put my machine to use.... i did the same thing with the Xcal II .... and had several repairs done in the first year that likely would have happened out of warranty. I think the main thing with Lith is you best keep um charged and out of the heat. If they drop below a certain DCV we have no way of bringing them back so the smart charger seems um.

You do wonder how many pushes those pads will take. Lot more required with this machine it seems to me. I got my CTX and some of the others ive used with push pad set where i liked it and didnt change it very often. Cant see this machine being the same..... going from the water to the wet sand or dry modes. However...... 3 years.... at that point do you just shrug your shoulders and say oh well and make the decision to repair or not repair? Another thought........ will that 3 year warranty change? I believe at one point the Xcal had 2 year warranty.... and some dealers gave you a third even.

I think over the next 6 mos its worth watching posts on repairs..... just like ML aussy is watching.

David...... ill be amazed if ML does what they did with the CTX and allows us to use their website. IF they do..... get ready they found a bug. ML seems to be playing more with lith and power usage. I dont know if you have ever taken one of those CTX batteries apart or not, but thats quite a board they have attached to the battery. I think they amplify the power with reduced current to do what they need to. Ive really put my machine to use.... i did the same thing with the Xcal II .... and had several repairs done in the first year that likely would have happened out of warranty. I think the main thing with Lith is you best keep um charged and out of the heat. If they drop below a certain DCV we have no way of bringing them back so the smart charger seems um.

You do wonder how many pushes those pads will take. Lot more required with this machine it seems to me. I got my CTX and some of the others ive used with push pad set where i liked it and didnt change it very often. Cant see this machine being the same..... going from the water to the wet sand or dry modes. However...... 3 years.... at that point do you just shrug your shoulders and say oh well and make the decision to repair or not repair? Another thought........ will that 3 year warranty change? I believe at one point the Xcal had 2 year warranty.... and some dealers gave you a third even.

I think over the next 6 mos its worth watching posts on repairs..... just like ML aussy is watching.

I know more about Lithium Ion from ebikes. But here is a short version of what you may find interesting.........

That is not to say that lithium-ion batteries are flawless. They have a few disadvantages as well:

•They start degrading as soon as they leave the factory. They will only last two or three years from the date of manufacture whether you use them or not.
•They are extremely sensitive to high temperatures. Heat causes lithium-ion battery packs to degrade much faster than they normally would.
•If you completely discharge a lithium-ion battery, it is ruined.
•A lithium-ion battery pack must have an on-board computer to manage the battery. This makes them even more expensive than they already are.
•There is a small chance that, if a lithium-ion battery pack fails, it will burst into flame.

Many of these characteristics can be understood by looking at the chemistry inside a lithium-ion cell. We'll look at this next.

I know more about Lithium Ion from ebikes. But here is a short version of what you may find interesting.........

That is not to say that lithium-ion batteries are flawless. They have a few disadvantages as well:

•They start degrading as soon as they leave the factory. They will only last two or three years from the date of manufacture whether you use them or not.
•They are extremely sensitive to high temperatures. Heat causes lithium-ion battery packs to degrade much faster than they normally would.
•If you completely discharge a lithium-ion battery, it is ruined.
•A lithium-ion battery pack must have an on-board computer to manage the battery. This makes them even more expensive than they already are.
•There is a small chance that, if a lithium-ion battery pack fails, it will burst into flame.

Many of these characteristics can be understood by looking at the chemistry inside a lithium-ion cell. We'll look at this next.

Let me add to that ....I manage the LI battery safety program for my employer. Many Safety and Risk studies identify reputable manufacturers with almost zero incidents, while uncontrolled/regulated facilities that produce LI products have a significantly higher incident rate. Incident investigations state the root cause is QC. Sure almost all factories are in China, but some are regulated and some aren't. So with ML, I'll bet they are paying the extra couple of pennies to get A-grade product.

Steve

Never stopped posting, this is a Nox thread, some of us swing more than just a A T Pro on here :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , guess Ice is down here before he goes to bed drinking his Nox juice, than having his wet dream :crybaby: about it-- all night long-- howboutit :D

Good info Itsa....... obviously why many are concerned when you try to fly or ship something with the battery in it.

"So with ML, I'll bet they are paying the extra couple of pennies to get A-grade product.":laughing::laughing::laughing: (nuff said) Oh, and they have all the work done in Malaysia.... because Aussies dont need the work and cant do it better right?

I will say...... i apparently killed a CTX battery some way...... so having the curious mind i opened it up. Dang things got quite a mother board on it controlling voltage.

Now..... i know if repairs are done after warranty ML gives you 6 mos i believe. Sounds a little shore IF they give you a new box. Wouldnt you thing theyd give you 3 years on it..... same as NEW id say.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom