Dumb A$$ Nox 800 question

JNimons

Forum Supporter
I got my 800 on Tuesday. I'm not going to lie...I am so overwhelmed by this machine. I can run my Etrac with my eyes closed. After 4 days of video and researching, I feel I finally have a feel for the machine. But, I absolutely cannot get my head phones to pair. I've spent the last 2 nights on this, and I'm ready to scream. Anyone had a similar problem, or any advice. I'm about to unload this machine, never having hunted with it. Frustration level is quite high. I don't consider myself an idiot, but this machine has me rethinking that!

I got my 800 on Tuesday. I'm not going to lie...I am so overwhelmed by this machine. I can run my Etrac with my eyes closed. After 4 days of video and researching, I feel I finally have a feel for the machine. But, I absolutely cannot get my head phones to pair. I've spent the last 2 nights on this, and I'm ready to scream. Anyone had a similar problem, or any advice. I'm about to unload this machine, never having hunted with it. Frustration level is quite high. I don't consider myself an idiot, but this machine has me rethinking that!

Okay.
Pairing headphones.
Number one don't have wireless module turned on.
With detector off.
With headphones off.
Next.
Turn on detector and hold top right button on the side of detector until you hear a beep then let go of.
Next hold center button of headphones until you hear a beep and let go.
Pairing should happen in a few seconds. You will get little headphone icon in your meter's window. External speaker should quit providing audio when paired.

I just did the above after doing a full reset on my unit, it worked (paired) fine.
Remember if you do a full reset you will have to do the above to get paired.
Equinox will NOT pair to blue tooth headphones with wm-08 module on.

Looks like our very own Detector was threw for a loop here.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/f...e-their-800-units-dont-do-what-this-gent-did/

I encourage folks once they get their units.

To after learning how to pair your wireless headphones and or pair the module.

To purposely do a full program reset per user's manual, and then re(pair) your devices.
Do this 3 or 4 times.

It is possible when out hunting in the wild, you may have to do full reset for whatever reason. And then you will be more familiar to get your devices re(paired). And continue detecting.

A person could accidentally do a full reset too if they had the power button in too long.

Last edited:
Bluetooth Blues

Bluetooth can be a pain at times. Read your book. Minelab should have use 2.4 Ghz Wireless I feel there less problems going this rout.

Okay.
Pairing headphones.
Number one don't have wireless module turned on.
With detector off.
With headphones off.
Next.
Turn on detector and hold top right button on the side of detector until you hear a beep then let go of.
Next hold center button of headphones until you hear a beep and let go.
Pairing should happen in a few seconds. You will get little headphone icon in your meter's window. External speaker should quit providing audio when paired.

I just did the above after doing a full reset on my unit, it worked (paired) fine.
Remember if you do a full reset you will have to do the above to get paired.
Equinox will NOT pair to blue tooth headphones with wm-08 module on.

After 2 more factory resets,and at least 20 more pairing attempts...still nothing. After work I will try the WM08......but its not how I want to use the machine. Probably hunt with the Etrac this afternoon. Thanks for the help everyone!

Got home this afternoon....the WM08 paired instantly. Turned wireless module off and tried again to pair headphones. Nothing. I then paired the Minelab headphones with my cell phone...they connected instantly. So took my everyday blue tooth LG Tone Active wireless headset and tried to pair with Nox. Would not pair. Is it possible that I have a defective machine? Not sure what to make of the WM08 connecting though.

Got home this afternoon....the WM08 paired instantly. Turned wireless module off and tried again to pair headphones. Nothing. I then paired the Minelab headphones with my cell phone...they connected instantly. So took my everyday blue tooth LG Tone Active wireless headset and tried to pair with Nox. Would not pair. Is it possible that I have a defective machine? Not sure what to make of the WM08 connecting though.

Sounds like a malfunction.

As far as the Bluetooth side of house.

Sounds like a malfunction.

As far as the Bluetooth side of house.

Yeah, hate to say it, but it sounds like the BT function of your machine is messed up. the WM-08 uses wi-stream technology which is different from BT, so I can see it still working with that.

Probably have to send it in for repair.

Contacting minelab on Monday....see what they say. ..going to take her on her maiden voyage tomorrow with the wireless module

Yeah, hate to say it, but it sounds like the BT function of your machine is messed up. the WM-08 uses wi-stream technology which is different from BT, so I can see it still working with that.

Probably have to send it in for repair.

Sucks to have to have a machine that I haven't used yet repaired...lol

Sucks to have to have a machine that I haven't used yet repaired...lol

The good thing is, the detector is still useable.

Yeah it does suck, but its the law of probability. A certain percentage will always have some problem fresh from the box. Its the same with everything we buy, from computers to phones to cars. Just stinks when its "you" that gets the lemon.

The detector is still usable if you wanted to run it without BT phones, but when you pay for an options, you kinda want it to work. :lol:

The good news in all this is that Minelabs new repair center is running like we expect it should! The only real delay will be the time in shipping it there and back. They typically complete repairs in a day and ship it back the next.

Back
Top Bottom