New focus for my lineage.

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
Got a call from close relation last night asking about the condition of my Mom. She was moved to stage 2 Hospice Thursday, and during the conversation they said my Uncle Bruce Kincheloe my Mother's brother, took that AncestoryDNA test, they had no idea I had taken it, and it came back saying him and I were "First Cousins". First I thought it was cool that the test was able to find our close relation, but more importantly was that this would mean the blood of my mother runs stronger in me than my Dad. My Dad is an Adams that lineage goes back to the two presidents and the first name on the list of people who came over on the Mayflower.

While I am proud on my lineage through the Adams, the Kincheloe lineage has a bit of marks in history as well. Including the first man in space.

https://wkincheloe.wordpress.com/flying/iven-c-kincheloe/

Interesting family story Detector. I did my Ancestry about six yrs ago. None of my family went to space but, Red Skelton is one of my great uncles. He was a bit spacey I guess!

I've often wanted to trace my lineage....my mother has traced her side to pre-revolutionary war....but my grandmother's maiden name was Jones....I'm hoping it's John Paul Jones :)

I don't know how accurate those DNA tests are though...maybe in a few years

I was born at Kincheloe AFB, MI. I believe it was named for your relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did mine and all my life I was told I was ... And find out that there is no ... In me even though my last name is very very ...! It also explain certain trats I have that puts me in another background that I had no clue.

Had to call the brother and tell him. Dead silence then !!!, no way it can't be right. I got the list of cousins and stuff like that. I knew I came from a big family and saw alot of names that brought back memories of growing up and visiting people who I was so young I did not know who they where.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Got a call from close relation last night asking about the condition of my Mom. She was moved to stage 2 Hospice Thursday, and during the conversation they said my Uncle Bruce Kincheloe my Mother's brother, took that AncestoryDNA test, they had no idea I had taken it, and it came back saying him and I were "First Cousins". First I thought it was cool that the test was able to find our close relation, but more importantly was that this would mean the blood of my mother runs stronger in me than my Dad.

I am sorry if I misunderstood what I read above, but you said that your mothers blood runs stronger in you than it runs in your dad??

You also said that your mother's brother (your uncle) is your first cousin???

What the blazes is going on down there????

Interesting family story Detector. I did my Ancestry about six yrs ago. None of my family went to space but, Red Skelton is one of my great uncles. He was a bit spacey I guess!

I remember when he was a mystery guest on What's My Line, and Red said that he couldn't get in the army on account of his back -- it had a yellow streak up it. :)

-- Tom

You also said that your mother's brother (your uncle) is your first cousin???

What the blazes is going on down there????

LOL, hey I'm just saying what the report said.

Actually, the DNA report was done by my Uncle Bruce and basically said him and I shared much of the same the same DNA sequence. Enough to be first cousins. They didn't live at the same time period. They also said this was common in DNA with very little outside influence. As I said, it said I was 100% European.

DNA.jpg

I've often wanted to trace my lineage....my mother has traced her side to pre-revolutionary war....but my grandmother's maiden name was Jones....I'm hoping it's John Paul Jones :)

I don't know how accurate those DNA tests are though...maybe in a few years
You might be related to JPJ? Member of the greatest rock n roll band in the world? There are only two famous John Paul Jones. I don’t know who the other one is.

Back
Top Bottom