Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 09-14-2018, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by RBachman View post
I get skunked every time I argue with my wife. So I'm kinda use to it. LOL
So I'm not the only one ? Wish someone would find my gem and steal that treasure ! There's no bringing it back and the Pirate that steals it must suffer the curse of the nagging, lazy, winch and take it to his grave. The dog might miss her for 10 minutes and then all would be good again because he's a smart dog !

Old 09-16-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Call Me V View post
I've experienced the same thing... searching an old park only to come up with very little after hours except lots of trash.

I'm still new and go out with a friend who has done this far longer than I have, and he's helping to develop the appreciation. And I'm learning that just what ROBOTCOP13 said, the zen is in the hunt. I'm learning to enjoy the proverbial cat and mouse game with whatever is hiding.

I had a bad weekend last weekend. While frustrating it's a challenge to overcome. I talked about it with my mom and she pointed out that it makes you appreciate and enjoy even the small finds.
I'm a relative noobie. But I've got 15 rings in 4 months, with two 14k. I'm going to post a fresh thread about this soon, but you really have to dig everything in the gold zone and higher...it is the only way to dig non-coin valuables.