6:45 AM Found Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and This Old Hunter Looking For Gold By Wading Into The Calm Waters Of Long Island Sound!!

Cupajo

Elite Member

Targets were few with only 25 in the pouch afeter 33/4Hours of hunting, but the '72 Class Ring made it a great hunt!!:D

Returned #45 at noon and another 40 year old candidate waiting in the wings!!:yes:

Chasing the little round earing gave me a real workout and has me thinking I need a small screen on the rear of my scoop!!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Attachments

• 8-4-12 Finds 002.JPG
    8-4-12 Finds 002.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 566
  • 8-4-12 Finds 003.jpg
    8-4-12 Finds 003.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 474
  • 8-4-12 Finds 004.JPG
    8-4-12 Finds 004.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 473
Nice score! The pictures of your finds make me feel better about my hunt today. Though I didn't find any good stuff. That is one cool looking class ring.

I changed my DF a bit with a home-made battery pack w/10-1.2V AA re-chargeable batteries and a housing made of PVC pipe epoxied to the bottom of the case so I don't have to open the case to access the battery pack.

The new battery compartment is less likely to allow water in than the case would be if I were constantly changing rechargeable batteries.

It is working very well based on the deep targets even though there aren't many of them.

The ring wasn't a strong signal and frankly I was surprised when I found it in my sifter.

I did dig deep though because of the small signal and probably just caught it in the scoop.

Gonna be working that spot more before the sand covers it again.

Thanks for your kind replies Friends,

CJ

wow CJ nice ring! The battery mod you did sounds very interesting. Could you post pictures or start a new thread? If you post it in DIY then post a quick heads up in Beach and Water hunting. CJ...this is your mission should you choose to accept it. This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds........:laughing:

wow CJ nice ring! The battery mod you did sounds very interesting. Could you post pictures or start a new thread? If you post it in DIY then post a quick heads up in Beach and Water hunting. CJ...this is your mission should you choose to accept it. This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds........:laughing:

Just gotta get outa the water long enough to take some pics..........:lol:

Great looking hunt CJ...

I thought I was going to have a nice peaceful early morning hunt this morning (5 am) I get to the beach and wasn't alone :lol: Carter, Gary Storms friend, BarryNY, Conrad, Richie and Robert were on the beach or chitchatting...

4 Dual Fields and a Explorer and Excal swinging in the water and beach... I saw no gold today... my best find was designer sunglasses.

Great looking hunt CJ...

I thought I was going to have a nice peaceful early morning hunt this morning (5 am) I get to the beach and wasn't alone :lol: Carter, Gary Storms friend, BarryNY, Conrad, Richie and Robert were on the beach or chitchatting...

4 Dual Fields and a Explorer and Excal swinging in the water and beach... I saw no gold today... my best find was designer sunglasses.
Two words. Stun Gun. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom