• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sutler token site UPDATE

RockCore

Elite Member
I finally made it out this weekend. It's been awhile and the weather has been lousy. I went back to my eagle button spot to see if I could pull another one. It was slim pickings but I did get two cuff buttons, a busted coat button, some odds and ends, and a token. I didn't know what it was until I got home and cleaned it a bit. It's in really bad condition but I think it's like the one in the included photo.

finds 1.JPG

token.JPG

token 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all. This is a strange site. An old home site with no CW interest that I know of. Thought maybe a soldier came home from the war or settled here after the war, but I've found a lot of melted lead here and one big musket ball. I guess I'll have to keep digging! LOL

It's finally dried out some around here so I took the day off yesterday and hit this site again. And it was worth it. Got a couple of bucket listers for me.

finds.JPG

eagle I.JPG

half 2.JPG

half 1.JPG

Buckle.JPG

Made it back to the site this weekend and still finding a few things. Got a couple of buttons, some buckshot and pistol balls, and my first fatty IHP. Going to try and get back there again before the briar jungle takes over!
fatty IHP.jpg

Another trip and a few more finds. Three intact eagle buttons, a couple of busted button backs, a flat button, and the usual mix of lead pieces.
finds.JPG

We'll one more trip to my spot. Couple of bullets, button back, some lead, and a little buckle/clip.
32619.JPG

Back
Top Bottom