14k break in the weather!

STAG15

Hey all!
The weather has not been kind to me out in Colorado. My early morning hunts have been stymied due to cold and even the wood chip lots are frozen solid about an inch down.

Still...I hadn't been out in a week and was going crazy, (been staying in doing CRH and looking for estate sales etc) so me and the pooches stuck it out and took the meager break in the clouds to do some diggin.

Spent five hours yesterday levering big frozen slabs of tot-lot media up in search of treasure.

Was getting nowhere...not even any clad to speak of...couldn't dig 1/2 the signals I was getting because they were frozen into the woodchips...

The sky was clouding up again and the wind was whipping through, when I finally got a break...

Was getting pretty frustrated and was about to pack it in when I got a nice nickle/pulltab signal at shallow depth.

Barely frozen into the chips was this baby.
It's not a lunker...14k and just .11 ozt., but it's goooooold baby! It's got a nice amythest in it...not sure what those other inlays are...they look almost too vibrant to be mother of pearl. Any ideas?
This little guy really picked up my weekend.
Thanks for looking, everyone!
and Good Hunting!

Attachments

• 14k with inlays.JPG
    14k with inlays.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 460
Having chipped through woodchips recently I can visualize what you were going though LOL. Nice to find gold, especially in tough MD conditions.

Very nice looking ring! I haven't seen opal inlayed like that before.

Thanks all...
This is my first winter as an MDer...so it's good to see that good stuff can still come up in the winter. :-)
Good hunting all!

Back
Top Bottom