Another rabies tag

L0S3R

Elite Member
So I’ve mentioned on here before that I have found several dog tags (and other goodies) on my hillside. I went out last night for maybe 30 minutes. Only light was my headlamp.

In the past I have found a 1958 rabies vaccination tag, a 2004 rabies tag still attached to the dog tag. Well I stumbled across a good signal last night and 4” down under a root. I found a 1969 rabies vaccination tag.

I’m starting to think they were hunting dogs because my house was built in 1963 and the oldest house on my street was from the 40s.

I’m kinda liking the tags since it has dates and county. Here’s my newest.

d6cb79c9391d177d27369900edc9b95e.jpg

Anyone else enjoy finding these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love them, my oldest is a 1949 found under a weed on top of ground.

The date and area make them so much cooler. If it left that out I’d be bored with it lol. I love having an age and location.... none of mine have been that shallow though.

Nice going on the Dog tags . I enjoy finding them also .I've found a few over the years .
My most unusual tag was actually a cat license . Another unusual find was a small bird band ( probably leftover from some cat's meal ) .

That's what I was thinking. At least the one with the name tag.

Cliff
Every so often I find cremation tags. 2 weeks ago , a 3am beach hunt yielded a small copper plate. It was dark and I didn't look closely at it. Went in the bag , thinking trash. Got home next day and saw it. These things are creepy and I will always rebury them at the beach where I find them. Yuck.....

Every so often I find cremation tags. 2 weeks ago , a 3am beach hunt yielded a small copper plate. It was dark and I didn't look closely at it. Went in the bag , thinking trash. Got home next day and saw it. These things are creepy and I will always rebury them at the beach where I find them. Yuck.....
Don't think of it that way. I'd see it as someone got their last wish and return it to the sea and say a prayer.

Cliff

Na the hills to steep to be a pet cemetery, I’m thinking hunting dogs

Back
Top Bottom