Last CRH

pan4au

Elite Member
I searched 6 boxes this week.
Boxes 1,2,4&5 were skunks.. no silver
Boxes 3&6 held 6-40% silvers
I also ended up with a72d with a small die crack on the reverse. I also found a 79 NO FG and a 82 NO FG. 3 proofs that I dumped as they were degraded. 19 NIFC's plus a 87d and a front half of a Magicians coin.
I've been thinking of stop CRH as I have a lot of neck and shoulder pain from my neck surgery makes it too haed to carry the boxes of coins.. My two banks is making my decision easier... Today I went to my dump bank.. they want to start charging me 10% because I dump so many and it cost them so much to deal with the coins( I left that branch and dumped them at a different branch)
When I got home I saw on my caller ID that the bank that I order from had called. I called them up and they said that they were supposed to be charging me for special orders. They said after Nov.1 they would charge $7 for orders up to $3k and 20¢ a roll for orders over $3k.

Attachments

• Oct11crh.1.jpg
    Oct11crh.1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Oct11crh.2.jpg
    Oct11crh.2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Oct11crh.3.jpg
    Oct11crh.3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 197
I searched 6 boxes this week.
Boxes 1,2,4&5 were skunks.. no silver
Boxes 3&6 held 6-40% silvers
I also ended up with a72d with a small die crack on the reverse. I also found a 79 NO FG and a 82 NO FG. 3 proofs that I dumped as they were degraded. 19 NIFC's plus a 87d and a front half of a Magicians coin.
I've been thinking of stop CRH as I have a lot of neck and shoulder pain from my neck surgery makes it too haed to carry the boxes of coins.. My two banks is making my decision easier... Today I went to my dump bank.. they want to start charging me 10% because I dump so many and it cost them so much to deal with the coins( I left that branch and dumped them at a different branch)
When I got home I saw on my caller ID that the bank that I order from had called. I called them up and they said that they were supposed to be charging me for special orders. They said after Nov.1 they would charge $7 for orders up to $3k and 20¢ a roll for orders over $3k.

Wow what a bummer to get those phone calls. I’m sorry for your physical issues, and hopeful that in some way you will be able to continue to enjoy a great hobby.

Blech - I detest banks, I dumped them all, multiple accounts they lost, their outrageous fees made my decisions easy. Went with credit unions. Whole @‘s.\

Your finds weren’t bad!

I'll keep checking banks for loose halves.. I don't find many around here due to the competition. I did have some luck today when I dumped my halves.. that branch had 3 Ike's and I got them

I'll keep checking banks for loose halves.. I don't find many around here due to the competition. I did have some luck today when I dumped my halves.. that branch had 3 Ike's and I got them
Ike’s make great tip/conversation pieces...a guy locally on Craigslist was asking $5 ea selling “silver dollars.”

Yep, we CRHers are on the fringe of the banker's society. They need customers to stay in existence, but they also must make a profit, so for us users its a two edge sword.

KT feels very lucky and blessed that He has only had to change banks one time in nearly 6 years of CRHing.

And oh yes, those boxes of halves seem to get heavier every year! :laughing::laughing:

Ike’s make great tip/conversation pieces...a guy locally on Craigslist was asking $5 ea selling “silver dollars.”

I save the Ike's that I find.. I use $2 bills as tips when I have them.. I've also left some Ken's when I don't have any deuces

Yep, we CRHers are on the fringe of the banker's society. They need customers to stay in existence, but they also must make a profit, so for us users its a two edge sword.

KT feels very lucky and blessed that He has only had to change banks one time in nearly 6 years of CRHing.

And oh yes, those boxes of halves seem to get heavier every year! :laughing::laughing:
I'm still wak and have a lot of pain in my left arm. Carrying the coins causes my neck to hurt worse. I am having a nerve block next month. Hopefully that will alleviate the pain where I can be more active. I've been on LTD so long that I'm no longer employed and trying to get SSDI.

I love spending the Ike dollars. Their expressions are priceless. :laughing: Nice finds by the way!

Back
Top Bottom