Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:33 PM
ATPro Dude's Avatar
ATPro Dude ATPro Dude is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Cailifornia
Posts: 860
Default blue tooth bud for nox 800 metal detector

Hi Guys,

Well here is my setup. I am using the NOX 800. I want to use Bluetooth buds. I purchased 2 of them. Each bud is paired separately. I have 1 bud paired to my cell phone in my left ear I have the other bud paired to my 800 in my right ear. Everything works great BUT I noticed that my bud that is paired to my 800, there is a delay from detector to blue tooth. It makes my hunting very delayed and unpredictable. It must be the frequency of the blue tooth?? My question is there a blue tooth bud that has a higher rate of frequency (if that is what the problem is) or a high rate of transfer? The module that it comes with works great with plenty of speed and instead sounds when hard wired.

AtPro Dude

__________________
Nox 800/ATPro 2013-17 Total: $6,726.49 2018: $1,216.91/127 Silver Rings 21/ Silver Quarter 1 Silver Dime 0 Gold 1 Plat 0 925 8

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 10-09-2018, 11:25 PM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,338
Default

Originally Posted by ATPro Dude View post
Hi Guys,

Well here is my setup. I am using the NOX 800. I want to use Bluetooth buds. I purchased 2 of them. Each bud is paired separately. I have 1 bud paired to my cell phone in my left ear I have the other bud paired to my 800 in my right ear. Everything works great BUT I noticed that my bud that is paired to my 800, there is a delay from detector to blue tooth. It makes my hunting very delayed and unpredictable. It must be the frequency of the blue tooth?? My question is there a blue tooth bud that has a higher rate of frequency (if that is what the problem is) or a high rate of transfer? The module that it comes with works great with plenty of speed and instead sounds when hard wired.

AtPro Dude
The buds you bought...are they AptX Low Latency buds? If they are not and they utilize a different Bluetooth codec you may experience high latency (delayed audio response).

Fwiw, I use Sennheiser 6.00BT AptX LL earbuds with my current DIY Bluetooth setup on my machines. It works really well. I am able to pair to both my Bluetooth transmitter AND iPhone at the same time. I can take phone calls while detecting.

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 10-10-2018, 12:42 AM
ATPro Dude's Avatar
ATPro Dude ATPro Dude is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Cailifornia
Posts: 860
Default

Originally Posted by Waveoff View post
The buds you bought...are they AptX Low Latency buds? If they are not and they utilize a different Bluetooth codec you may experience high latency (delayed audio response).

Fwiw, I use Sennheiser 6.00BT AptX LL earbuds with my current DIY Bluetooth setup on my machines. It works really well. I am able to pair to both my Bluetooth transmitter AND iPhone at the same time. I can take phone calls while detecting.
Say, those sound nice! I like to listen to a local radio station here in town and have the ability to hear my nox 800 at the same time. Are both buds being fed the same sounds at the same time? radio from my smart phone and detector sounds?

Yes, I do not believe my buds have AptX Low Latency.

__________________
Nox 800/ATPro 2013-17 Total: $6,726.49 2018: $1,216.91/127 Silver Rings 21/ Silver Quarter 1 Silver Dime 0 Gold 1 Plat 0 925 8

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:16 AM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,338
Default

Originally Posted by ATPro Dude View post
Say, those sound nice! I like to listen to a local radio station here in town and have the ability to hear my nox 800 at the same time. Are both buds being fed the same sounds at the same time? radio from my smart phone and detector sounds?

Yes, I do not believe my buds have AptX Low Latency.
To take full advantage of the Nox Bluetooth (which utilizes AptX LL) you'll need some AptX LL earbuds or headphones. There are some other AptX LL earbud options on the market now that are priced a little lower than the Sennheisers ($99).

I forget if I'm able to hear sounds from both sources at the same time. I want to say no but let me run some tests and I'll let you know!

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 10-10-2018, 02:49 PM
ATPro Dude's Avatar
ATPro Dude ATPro Dude is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Cailifornia
Posts: 860
Default

Originally Posted by Waveoff View post
To take full advantage of the Nox Bluetooth (which utilizes AptX LL) you'll need some AptX LL earbuds or headphones. There are some other AptX LL earbud options on the market now that are priced a little lower than the Sennheisers ($99).

I forget if I'm able to hear sounds from both sources at the same time. I want to say no but let me run some tests and I'll let you know!
Wonderful! Yes please let me know how your headphones are setup. Maybe 1 ear will the detector and the other your phone? Or both?

__________________
Nox 800/ATPro 2013-17 Total: $6,726.49 2018: $1,216.91/127 Silver Rings 21/ Silver Quarter 1 Silver Dime 0 Gold 1 Plat 0 925 8

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 10-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,338
Default

Originally Posted by ATPro Dude View post
Wonderful! Yes please let me know how your headphones are setup. Maybe 1 ear will the detector and the other your phone? Or both?
I just went and tested it out. I am only able to hear one audio source at a time. I use an AptX LL transmitter on my detector and then pair my Sennheiser earbuds to it and pair my iPhone to the earbuds. I tried listening to streaming music/video while listening to the detector and it was a no go. However, when I get a phone call it will block out the detector audio and allow me to talk on my phone via Bluetooth. When the call ends, the detector audio resumes.

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 10-10-2018, 06:01 PM
OzarkDetector's Avatar
OzarkDetector OzarkDetector is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: the Ozarks, AR
Posts: 359
Default

Originally Posted by ATPro Dude View post
.. .. My question is there a blue tooth bud that has a higher rate of frequency (if that is what the problem is) or a high rate of transfer.
The Samsung earbuds in my signature are around forty dollars, US. They are not advertised as Low Latency, but they indeed are, and have the necessary Qualcomm chip for it. They will connect to the 800 in LL mode without a hitch.
Don't worry about them being Bluetooth 4.1. It's the Qualcomm chip you need, and besides, the 800 only comes with Bluetooth 4.1.

Extra info added: Do not buy the updated version of the Samsung buds, as the newer version does not support low latency. Go figure. So get them while you can. I purchased mine from the "A" store.

__________________
Equinox 800 w/ 11," 6" Coils; Anderson Shafts, Garrett AT Pinpointer,
Whites DigMaster, Samsung Level U Pro LL Earbuds,
Triple 8 Covert Knee Pads, Lesche Mini-Sampson 18" T-Handle,
Lesche Sampson 31 T-Handle; Double Serration (T31DS). Luck.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #8  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:00 AM
metaladdict's Avatar
metaladdict metaladdict is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Santa Rosa, Cantaffordya.
Posts: 9,827
Thumbs up

If you At pro dude can listen to a detector and music then you are a true multitasker!

__________________
Detectors. Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250. Minelab Sov Elite. Equinox 800.
They can have my metal detector when they pry it from my cold dead hands!! John 14:6.

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:53 AM
ATPro Dude's Avatar
ATPro Dude ATPro Dude is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Cailifornia
Posts: 860
Default

Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
If you At pro dude can listen to a detector and music then you are a true multitasker!
HAHAHA!!! Well, I like to think I can multitask! For years I have been using my wired bud from my smart phone to listen to talk radio and then in my ear I have the zlink headphones from my atpro catching the tones! I would like to listen to both in a blue tooth fashion. Right now, I am using one of my buds in my right ear to listen to talk radio and in my left ear I am hard wired from the ML80. I like to be completely fee of wires and use another bt bud but I can't seem to find the right bud that is fast to keep up with the 800.

AtPro800 dude.. LOL

__________________
Nox 800/ATPro 2013-17 Total: $6,726.49 2018: $1,216.91/127 Silver Rings 21/ Silver Quarter 1 Silver Dime 0 Gold 1 Plat 0 925 8

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:57 AM
ATPro Dude's Avatar
ATPro Dude ATPro Dude is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Cailifornia
Posts: 860
Default

Originally Posted by Waveoff View post
I just went and tested it out. I am only able to hear one audio source at a time. I use an AptX LL transmitter on my detector and then pair my Sennheiser earbuds to it and pair my iPhone to the earbuds. I tried listening to streaming music/video while listening to the detector and it was a no go. However, when I get a phone call it will block out the detector audio and allow me to talk on my phone via Bluetooth. When the call ends, the detector audio resumes.
Thanks Waveoff for the update. I am wired from the 800 ML80 to listen to my 800 in the left ear and then BT in my right ear to my cell phone to listen to talk radio. The setup with 2 buds in a BT fashion would be really cool if I can pull it off but I have too much delay time and it is throwing me off.

__________________
Nox 800/ATPro 2013-17 Total: $6,726.49 2018: $1,216.91/127 Silver Rings 21/ Silver Quarter 1 Silver Dime 0 Gold 1 Plat 0 925 8

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 10-14-2018, 05:05 PM
wmarcin wmarcin is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 25
Default

The thread I started and linked to at the bottom of this post could be useful as it points to a number of options for low-latency BT headphones and what to look for. Importantly, it also points to the Qualcom page where you can filter out results to only include LL headphones.

I am using Samsung U Level Pro and loving them. They are not pure buds, because they have a bar sitting around the neck, but I find that this design actually makes them feel lighter and more stable.

Be careful to get the exact model because, as OzarkDetector pointed out above, sometimes newer or slightly different models do not have the LL capability.

HH!

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=264745
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #12  
Old 10-18-2018, 06:39 AM
adamsehic adamsehic is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by ATPro Dude View post
Hi Guys,

Well here is my setup. I am using the NOX 800. I want to use Bluetooth buds. I purchased 2 of them. Each bud is paired separately. I have 1 bud paired to my cell phone in my left ear I have the other bud paired to my 800 in my right ear. Everything works great BUT I noticed that my bud that is paired to my 800, there is a delay from detector to blue tooth. It makes my hunting very delayed and unpredictable. It must be the frequency of the blue tooth?? My question is there a blue tooth bud that has a higher rate of frequency (if that is what the problem is) or a high rate of transfer? The module that it comes with works great with plenty of speed and instead sounds when hard wired.

AtPro Dude
Standard non-low-latency Bluetooth = lag x pain in arse. Until I got the nox, I rigged a $5 fm transmitter to audio-out and listened on my radio via phone or headset.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.