Poconos -- Any Public areas?

1960DPenny

The wife and I are planning a vacation to that area -- anyone know if there are any public areas that allow MDing?

Thanks to all that respond.

The only thing I can suggest is if there are any public beaches thsat would open after Memorial Day, you could hit them now while they're still closed. Lake Wallenpaupack has public accessible areas, and I didn't see anything prohibiting metal detecting on the PPL website, but it looks like there's only boat launches, no beaches per se. I don't no where you're planning to go, but I'd say to look up state parks where you're going. The PA Dept. of Natural Resources allows detecting in parks, but has rule about digging, though, so make sure you read the rules. Good luck! Curt

How about Boulder Field?

Just kidding....would be tough to dig there.

Try and get permission to the racetrack area, I'm sure there is lots of stuff lost there.

State game lands are off limits but state parks and national parks are not. I detect several different areas that I've done very well at. Plus there is alot of unlicensed school land. There is tons of areas if you start looking

Back
Top Bottom