Nox 600 or 800 can't decide

If money is a concern then the 600 is a fine detector, but if you look you'll find there were/are a whole lot of people who bought the 600 and ended up selling or trading it to get the 800. I'm sure they had their reasons but just saying.

I wouldn't spend that much on either personally.
But if you're already about to drop the several hundred on a high end new detector you might as well go all the way for the 800. I mean if that if the price is the breaking point then you probably aren't within budget to be in the market for a detector that cost almost a grand.

I am think of trading in my beloved XTerra 705 and a Teknetics Liberator in towards the Nox. I'm hesitant because I am attached to the 705. It's found me some nice stuff but I feel like I have out grown it. It has been my main detector since I traded someone here on FMDF for my AT Pro. I also an afraid I won't like the Nox and want my 705 back.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Using the X-Terra 705 I found more silver coins and IH pennies in less then 20 hours, than I have using the Equinox 800 for over 150 hours.

Does the extra frequencies on the 800 make a difference?

I currently use a Minelab X Terra 705 so I'm no stranger to Minelab.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I'm with the others about the backlight. What a great addition to the machine but honestly it's unusable when it's really dark. It literally blinds you.

I'm with the others about the backlight. What a great addition to the machine but honestly it's unusable when it's really dark. It literally blinds you.

I wonder if anyone makes (or could make) a filter that would dim the backlight while still making it readable.

I'll have to think on that....it would certainly be a good seller.

But if I go for the 800, it will be because of the backlight, just in case I ever do any night hunting...although my AT Pro doesn't have a backlight and I've hunted at night before....just used a headlamp

I don’t understand everyone complaining about the backlight, mine doesn’t blind me at night....it’s actually about perfect imo...

Not sure what the exact concern is about, that the screen lighting is too bright at night? I haven't tried mine at night or in the dark but if I did, and the screen was too bright, then covering it with a nylon stocking would easily and simply tone down the brightness without obscuring the screen.. ?

I wonder if anyone makes (or could make) a filter that would dim the backlight while still making it readable.

I'll have to think on that....it would certainly be a good seller.

But if I go for the 800, it will be because of the backlight, just in case I ever do any night hunting...although my AT Pro doesn't have a backlight and I've hunted at night before....just used a headlamp
Funny you said that...as I was writing my post I got to thinking about that very same thing. So I think I'm going to buy a dust cover and I know I can get like a grey or smoke tinted heavy guage transparent plastic I can somehow cover the screen with. Maybe with Velcro tabs or something that you could easily flip over? I'm going to work on it. I'll post what I come up with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom