The value of all 1885 nickles just went up a bit

Glennz

Elite Member
Just had to share... way to ruin a coin, i hope its fake but it just makes mine more valuable if it is real :P

s-l500.jpg

Probably made for someone whose birthdate was 1885, and made back when coin collecting wasn't that popular, and a key date was cheap.

Last edited:
cut-out coins. They have been around for awhile.
You can see them at art fairs and jewelry shows.

It looks pretty. My wife would wear it.

What a shame! Looks real to me. I wonder if you could get half price though :laughing: I have a v nickel and I was sure it was an 1885 but I believe it's an 1886. Big price difference there, being dug I imagine it would bring the value down significantly anyways...happy hunting!

What a shame! Looks real to me. I wonder if you could get half price though :laughing: I have a v nickel and I was sure it was an 1885 but I believe it's an 1886. Big price difference there, being dug I imagine it would bring the value down significantly anyways...happy hunting!

probably still worth at least 100-170 if its an 86

I have found a few cut out coins. Not one that old though.

I did get a Morgan dollar last year. One of my very first water finds that was silver.

I also have found a stander, A buffalo and two mercs.

I have found a few cut out coins. Not one that old though.

I did get a Morgan dollar last year. One of my very first water finds that was silver.

I also have found a stander, A buffalo and two mercs.

Why do I feel like all the coins and that bracelet from the last picture were all in my possession at some point a few years back? Did you send me that stuff for some reason?

Why do I feel like all the coins and that bracelet from the last picture were all in my possession at some point a few years back? Did you send me that stuff for some reason?

Yep. You held a fund raising auction for this site I believe and I donated everything in that picture. (You should have got the silver bird also)

I just found the cut out Morgan and another cut out Merc last year.

Yep. You held a fund raising auction for this site I believe and I donated everything in that picture. (You should have got the silver bird also)

I just found the cut out Morgan and another cut out Merc last year.

That's right. Hell I haven't done one of those in a while. I should see if I can put another together in between not sleeping (newborn at home) and work.

Back
Top Bottom