Brasso removes silver plating.

Spookydad

I found a small dolphin ring today. It looked like a silver ring but was pretty tarnished. It wasn't stamped so I assumed it was just plated. I had some brasso under the sink so I started cleaning the ring with it. I didn't read the warning on the back that said "don't use on Aluminum or Silver". After a short time cleaning, the silver plate was gone and I found out it was a copper ring.

Next time I think I will read the label on the bottle!

SpookyDad

dolphin ring 1.jpg

dolphin ring 2.jpg

Oops!

Doh! Sounds like something I would do! :roll: (My wife is always after to me to read the lables or instructions):D

The only thing I keep telling myself is, the plating had to be pretty much gone for it to disappear with only a couple of minutes of hand rubbing.

SpookyDad

I like the way it looks. You just need to take the rest of the silver off the dolphin.

That would mean prying it off my daughter's finger first. :lol:

I do like the copper color better myself. The silver is not quite so noticable when we aren't looking at such an extreme closeup. It isn't a very big ring.

SpookyDad

I think I like the copper look better myself. :yes: Any idea what the stone is? :?: I think it is cute that you can't get it off your daughter's finger!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom