Largest coin spill EVER !!!!

foreverRich

Forum Supporter
Went to the place where I found the Silver Dollars recently. Found an old purse buried in the ground. Found $6.82 scattered in the ground in that ONE hole. This place has just blown me away with unusual finds.:yes: Also found a weathered Dollar Bill.:D

Attachments

• 10222016 Purse.jpg
    10222016 Purse.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 2,713
  • 10222016 Hole.jpg
    10222016 Hole.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 2,743
  • 10222016 Coin Spill.jpg
    10222016 Coin Spill.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2,645
  • 10222016 Dollar.jpg
    10222016 Dollar.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,813
That kinda reminds me of a hunt last week. Was out in the back yard and hunted a little in the alley. House across the alley is a real dump rental so I kinda swung over in the grass a bit to see what was there. some trash and a couple clads ( this is still legally in the alley proper) when I look up and see a whole pile of quarters on this wooden thing. Kinda a "whoa thats quite a spill there" and then reality set in and I walked away. Have no Idea what they were doing with all those quarters !!!

Thinking more like possibly a kids stash, or not a gals every day purse , but just a start of type of change jar (instead of a coffee can).

What was there before?

Could have been a stolen purse that someone just threw out once they took the larger bills or credit cards...at least that's what happened when my mother's purse was stolen and found months later.

The most coins that I have ever found together were 48. 47 pennies and a dime. I got to thinking later that someone must have lost a roll of pennies. I went back the next day and hunted until I found the other three. As for coins in a purse, I got a good reading in an old park and dug up a clasp from a coin purse. I put my detector on all metal so not to miss anything and there were eleven signals. I was hoping for silver but every one was a Kansas tax token

Back
Top Bottom