Found in South America

P

parik75

It was found in a small town in Ecuador. This worker found it while digging for a new road at 3 Feet. It couldn't be matched to any ordinary element in the chart. Any help??

Attachments

• Family.jpg
    Family.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 625
  • Family 122.jpg
    Family 122.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 558
Was it found in an area where they had a smelter to melt ore? It could be a piece of slag from the process.

Reminds me of hardened roofing tar that's been pitched at a cement wall a few times.
Awesome find, if it's anything that I encounted in my space travels, Parik.
Good luck with it, man.

If it can't be matched with any "known element on earth" the only possible guess would come from Krom, as the rest of us mortals have not advanced that far. :lol:

I've seen stuff like this before. It came from left over tar and asphault <sp?> from the road. It's just aged a little.

Looks to me like Obsidian/ volcanic glass. It is a type of Rhyolitic lava thats ben quickly chilled, It can also make a nice piece of jewelry if it is cut and polished, smg

I gotta go with what can52 said. I have seen stuff like this come out of our burners when they take them down for a cleaning. Has that melted glass look to me.

It looks like some type of slag, but it could be some form of meteorite.

If you think that is a meteorite..

You are wrong.

Lack of airodynamic shape gives it away. No fusion crust all. No condrites.
It would need to be magnetic to be a meteorite. It appears to have a conchoidal fracture plane.
I'm guessing glass slag.

looks like glass slag to me. I found a big chunk of the stuff in my parents yard when I was a kid. Apparently where the house stood used to be a swimming hole and people used to make fires in the metal drum trask bins. All the heat melted the glass into a lump and I found it 20 years later.

Back
Top Bottom