Another Evening Hunt Nets Silver, Indian and more

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Got out after work and hit a new permission. Had about 1 1/2 hours before dark so of course I was cherry picking tones. I hit the 1980 Lincoln coin first. Finally after about 30 minutes I got a Great tone, 1243, 2". Cut a small plug and BOOM BABY !!! SILVER, 1901 Barber dime. Wahoooooo!!!! Love finding Barber coins. Went about 30' and got a mid tone, 12/40 about 6". Dug out the "Annual Firemans Reunion FOB. Cant find a date on it but going to clean it up and see.
Starting to get dark so headed back towards the truck. Got a sweet tone, 12/35 about 7", out pops the 1898 Indian. WAHOOOO. I didn't go 5 steps and got another good tone, 12/42 about 6" and out comes the 1910 Wheatie. It was dark by now but got an interesting tone, 12/40 about 4" and under a tree root and pulled out the huge sinker.

All in all, great hunt (for me). Always feel like a successful hunt when I come home with 100+ year old coins, AND SILVER.

I was running the 3030 in Silver, +3, Fast On, Ferrous Coin.

Attachments

• DSC01863.JPG
    DSC01863.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC01862.JPG
    DSC01862.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC01861.JPG
    DSC01861.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 277
Penny trifecta! Nice swingin’ Jerry. You have some nice areas to work,I NEVER find shallow silver coins. Shoot,6” to me would be about the minimum. All depends where you are I suppose....
Keep it going now!:grin:

Dont you love it when you get a new place to hunt and get just eneough time to tap it and see what its got! I got two places right now I need to get to bad. I know both are going to be hot. I am going to try to catch one before the week end if for only an hour and get ready to hit it hard next week. The other is 2 hours away half across the state, so I need to get a check on it too and if it looks good set up a 2 full day hunt and find a motel close by for the over night. Man you got me all excited with your finds now, haha. I got to go, the fever is on me bad, haha! Thanks for sharing.

Love finding anything fireman related! Really cool find, and congrats for the trifecta!

Sweet finds!
Thank You , you been doing pretty well yourself, Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done Jerry. You made great use of the limited time. Congrats on the Barber, the Indian and all the rest. Trapper
Thanks Trap, even a blind squirrel gets lucky once in awhile, lol.

Penny trifecta! Nice swingin’ Jerry. You have some nice areas to work,I NEVER find shallow silver coins. Shoot,6” to me would be about the minimum. All depends where you are I suppose....
Keep it going now!:grin:
Thank You Sir, yes, I am fortunate, I do have some good areas to hunt. Some of these places are large areas with tall grass. I have went back time after time and found some nice coins.
Dont you love it when you get a new place to hunt and get just eneough time to tap it and see what its got! I got two places right now I need to get to bad. I know both are going to be hot. I am going to try to catch one before the week end if for only an hour and get ready to hit it hard next week. The other is 2 hours away half across the state, so I need to get a check on it too and if it looks good set up a 2 full day hunt and find a motel close by for the over night. Man you got me all excited with your finds now, haha. I got to go, the fever is on me bad, haha! Thanks for sharing.
Thank You and GOOD LUCK!

Love finding anything fireman related! Really cool find, and congrats for the trifecta!
Thank You

Excellent !
Thank You

Ohhhh👀
jerrman out sniffing out some nice keepers .
Love it buddy ..
always look forward to seeing them lined up on the scrabble letter rack 💪.
Great hunt Jerr.
, Dew

Nice finds Jerry! That emerald green Indian is awesome! Love it when they come out like that...

Back
Top Bottom