Long Road Trip Part II

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Stayed with family for awhile, and got some parks, ballfields, and permissions hunted.

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

Some good showing at the parks and ball fields, The highlights at permissions was the 1901 IH, 1949 25 cent play coin, the Purple Heart medal (collectors edition?) made in Hong Kong ;), the Belmont tag (not sure), and the wheaties that I found with the NOX that the 705 missed last year. Damn the humidity, on to the south we go!

Nice finds. Don't know where you are heading "South" but it is still HOT and HUMID in my part of the south.

My mouth fell open when I saw the Purple heart. glad you explained.

Hi, the "Belmont" find is the front to a padlock. I found it @ Antique padlocks.com, listed as Belmont- Warded Padlock. Not sure what a warded padlock is. It showed 4-5 locks under Belmont, one was Belmont Hardware, one had a 1896 pat date. Nice find, HH Jerry

Hi, the "Belmont" find is the front to a padlock. I found it @ Antique padlocks.com, listed as Belmont- Warded Padlock. Not sure what a warded padlock is. It showed 4-5 locks under Belmont, one was Belmont Hardware, one had a 1896 pat date. Nice find, HH Jerry

We came back early because my pickup was making odd noises (low vacuum on the 4WD actuators), so Ill be posting part III soon.

I like the patina on the IH & the wheaties .

Thank you Tom

Nice!!! Congrats on the IHP..I'm still looking to find my first one in a plug .

Thank you

Nice finds. Don't know where you are heading "South" but it is still HOT and HUMID in my part of the south.
My mouth fell open when I saw the Purple heart. glad you explained.

We were in KY for a bit, and the humidity, pickup, and chiggers sent us back west. The Purple heart was a jaw dropper. Saw some writing on the back, and after clean-up, it was stamped HONGKONG. :roll:

Like that play quarter a lot! Nice and fun looking hunting there!

Thank you

Nice finds Tommy!

Thank you

Cool finds Tommy!

Thanks Tom, back home in big beautiful WY!

That's a bunch of digging......!

...and worth every scoop!

Thanks Jerry for checking that out!

Some very nice hunting Tommy. Congrats on the Indian, the Wheat's and all the rest. Trapper

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom